Custom v.s Production

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
classiccues said:
Personally.. I think the most abused term in pool is " I haven't played in weeks" or " I can't make a ball"...

Used the later last night
Boy did I stink it up

I believe if you choose the points, inlay, wood, shaft, weight, tip.............
Then, and only then is it "custom"

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
RoninWhiteheart said:
do you think that a used huebler has good resale value?
If it's in good shape and is an attractive model, it should hold its value well. Huebler doesn't allow their cues to be sold by online resellers, so they aren't as common as the brands you see all over the place.

In case you haven't noticed, their new Web site is up. I read that the company changed hands, but there's no mention of that on the site. A few of the series aren't listed, most notably their high-end custom line. I don't know if they've discontinued those, or if the Web site isn't finished. I like the first cue in the new Mark V line, the Regal, and the price is right. I had the AS-H8 in mind, but I think the Regal will be the one.

Last edited:

NOSAJ03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one thing that I must say is a benefit to a custom cue is that it is custom. The majority of the time when purchasing a custom you choose what goes into your cue as opposed to buying what is already made. This was one of the main reasons why I was thinking about buy a custom because with all the variations that you have with production cue it is so hard to choose a good cue with both looks and playability. With a custom it is your choice and specs. The only down fall is the price. Unfortunately with a custom cue you basically have to "pay to play" but then again I believe that you get what you pay for. Although I dont own one (yet!), i feel that custom cues are also an ego booster in a positive way, when you have a cue that is made just for you and made by a renouned cue maker, you tend to feel a bit more confident in your game. I would assume that it would probably make you play better than a production cue because you would think that you should be playing better because you have put all this time and money into it. I would think that it would just be a bit more satisfying.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NOSAJ03 said:
The one thing that I must say is a benefit to a custom cue is that it is custom. The majority of the time when purchasing a custom you choose what goes into your cue as opposed to buying what is already made. This was one of the main reasons why I was thinking about buy a custom because with all the variations that you have with production cue it is so hard to choose a good cue with both looks and playability. With a custom it is your choice and specs. The only down fall is the price. Unfortunately with a custom cue you basically have to "pay to play" but then again I believe that you get what you pay for. Although I dont own one (yet!), i feel that custom cues are also an ego booster in a positive way, when you have a cue that is made just for you and made by a renouned cue maker, you tend to feel a bit more confident in your game. I would assume that it would probably make you play better than a production cue because you would think that you should be playing better because you have put all this time and money into it. I would think that it would just be a bit more satisfying.

You don't have to pay a huge amount for a custom cue if you don't get crazy with all the inlays and fancy stuff. I got a nice Jacoby cue that was tailor-made for me. I didn't get any inlays because that stuff doesn't interest me. My specs were length, leather wrap, two shafs and short ferrules. I paid less that $500 for it. That isn't bad for a custom-made cue imo. I know that I would not be able to find a cue with those specs off the shelf. They were important enough for me to have a cue made that way.

Btw, make sure the specs will satisfy your needs because the chances are that no one else will want your cue commensurate with how different your cue is from the norm.