Cuttyhunk Cortland Linen

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I came across a couple of 50 yd. spools of vintage Cortland Linen No. 9, 27 lb. test and grabbed them at what I believe to be a decent price in the hopes that I will be able to have a vintage cue appropriately restored if/when I come across one worthy in the future.

For me, the only downside is that they are both solid cream, not green speckled. Do you believe these are still valuable to pick up, assuming that they are reasonably prices ($50ish for 50 yd spool)?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I came across a couple of 50 yd. spools of vintage Cortland Linen No. 9, 27 lb. test and grabbed them at what I believe to be a decent price in the hopes that I will be able to have a vintage cue appropriately restored if/when I come across one worthy in the future.

For me, the only downside is that they are both solid cream, not green speckled. Do you believe these are still valuable to pick up, assuming that they are reasonably prices ($50ish for 50 yd spool)?

I love the solid cream, presses like a dream and looks very nice. $50 is a little high, I try to get it for $25 or so, but it's not a terrible price if you really want a nice old flax linen wrap

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the note. I figure it would make a difference if restoring a vintage Tad, Gina, $50 isn’t much.