Daydreaming today

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I was thinking (settle down) about what it would be like to just have my dream cue. I pretty much have a facimili of what I want presently... but you know what I mean. Removing all barriers, death, cost, time.... just the essence of what you would call worthy of being your cue.

I'd start off with an Ebony into ancient AAAAA Curly maple butt, so old it looks honey colored. The ebony should have imperfections in it like tiny streaks of gold running through it in places. 6 points... 3 large and three small - the small points would have three veneers in titleist fashion. The large points would look like they are cut into the the butt throught he small points and be sans veneers with medium-sized silver notched diamonds in the center of each large point. Hoppe ring of judicious proportion and placement made out of that simulated "natural material" used by McDermott. Just want Tad Kohara style rings on the shafts in the "D" position under the stainless joint... this butt would be put together by John Davis and delivered to Jerry Rauenzahn for the birth of this cue.

I'd have the crew from Southwest fly over with Dennis Searing to Jerrys house for a couple days of well-mannered frivolity and so they could make two Southwest style shafts and 2 Searing shafts matched perfectly to the butt that Jerry finish in record time.... Outsville Ki-Tech medium-hard tips installed on Tiger Saber-T Ferrules if you please. Fun would be had by all, agreeing they should do this more often.

The joint would be 5/8x16 piloted compression-style with brass inserts... they may have to have Pete Tascarella drop by and point his finger at things to start heads nodding in comprehension... Oh what a time it would be!

The stick would be delivered in a JB Case custom made 2x6 affair wrapped in tooled leather by Billy Burge and Ronnie Allen, who would naturally want to stick around to try out the cues for a few days playing one pocket.

Make it two...

Lesh

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had my fill of dream cue designs.......been there and done that. By the
way, it is a great thrill as long as your are working with a cordial cue-maker.
Having done that several times, now it's become dreaming about cue-makers.
Searing.....Tascarella.....Szamboti......Manzino......Mobley......and my #1.... Joel.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Look no further Lesh, my friend. Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. has the Q for U.
How about our Wonder in Sky Blue? Or the Miracle in Pope Pius White.
You need a break cue? We got it. The all new Ball Buster Deluxe with SCSL's patented 4Skin Diamond Cutter tip. We tested this cue at a local construction site in the end of a jackhammer. We broke the jackhammer.
Something for the little lady? How about our ever popular Girl's Best Friend in Breast Awareness Pink? Put a 4skin soft on the end and she'll follow you around forever.
Remember, Lesh. If we don't have it, you don't need it. :thumbup2: