Dead or dying cushion test?

Timkrieger

My cushions on my 9’ Connelly might need replacing, probably 15 years old. Some are playing slower, less rebound than others. How many table lengths should a ball rebound when hit hard? What’s the test to know? Still playable for sure, but I’d like them perfect.

Thanks!

Timkrieger

Could they be slightly loose?
Actually I double checked, everything is solid, very tight, 5 bolts per rail on this Ultimate version. I think the head rail rubber is definitely ready to be replaced and the others are either there or headed that way. Tested again tonight and hitting from the head spot to the end rail with max power, goes down to foot rail 2x and stops about mid table before coming back to head rail, so basically 1 1/2 x, down-up-down-half way back up. Pretty sure that's not right at all. It's been a fun table to practice on for sure, really let your stroke out to move the ball around.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be slow cloth as well. Up and down the table you should be getting 4 rails minimum.

Tablemaker

Registered
Connelly has used championship cushion in the past, might have been the Pro-ams that seemed to have a short life span.