QMAKER

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
This cue is made from a full splice blank and features a beautiful birds eye
maple handle sleeve and forearm section. The Rosewood is East Indian and
the joint sleeve is phenolic w/green trim. The butt cap is swirly green and
matches the trim rings. Pin is brass and sports an abalone dot.
The cue is shown with 2 shafts:
Shaft A is a player shaft with a Micarta-H ferrule, 13mm and Talisman M tip.
Weight of cue with shaft A is 18.5 ounces.
Shaft B is a break shaft with a Ivorine-4 ferrule, 13mm and pressed Triangle tip.
The taper is EURO. Cues weighs 18.9 ounces with this shaft.
Price is $375 with one shaft and $495 with both shipped CONUS.
BEFSGREENTRIMJPEG.jpg

x-scrambler

Registered
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Too late guys ...

.... I've just bought this cue! ;)

Can't wait to play with it. I've had to quit pool for a couple of years and my medical condition is not that great any more, but hopefully I will get back into the game soon. The cue is a keeper. Sold my Samsara and the original series Mike Sigel (had to, for that I still feel somewhat bad), but I'm sure I won't be missing them with this cue!

BTW this is my 1st ever post on this forum, so Hi to everybody!

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
.... I've just bought this cue! ;)

Can't wait to play with it. I've had to quit pool for a couple of years and my medical condition is not that great any more, but hopefully I will get back into the game soon. The cue is a keeper. Sold my Samsara and the original series Mike Sigel (had to, for that I still feel somewhat bad), but I'm sure I won't be missing them with this cue!

BTW this is my 1st ever post on this forum, so Hi to everybody!
You just bought this cue and telling everyone after a year.That posting was 2012.Oh well,welcome to the forum and glad to see you found a cue you like.

x-scrambler

Registered
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It doesn't matter when the ad was put on the wall. The point was that I had bought the cue just now. Ain't that obvious? ;)

Can't wait to compare it my my ex-Samsara # 1806 which was hard like a rock.

x-scrambler

Registered
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I trust that it is a full splice cue. And even if it wasn't, the play will be full splice. Who can play, can play with a toothpick and who can't - there's no cue in this world for him.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to disappoint you but it is a FULL SPLICE. Furthermore I don't particularly like being called a liar behind
my back. Be a man, or a woman, and say it do my face. If you really want to know what I think you might just show up at my door.
You might also remember the old adage, "the only things REALLY worth knowing are
those things you learn AFTER you think you know it all".

Geez oh Pete...don't get your panties in a bunch! First off....I never called you a liar. I did nothing behind your back. It didn't look like a full splice to me...and still doesn't. I did miss that you mentioned a BEM sleeved handle. And I apologize for that...but it does beg the question.....why?

My feeling is if you're doing a wrapless full splice...you let the beauty of the wood in the butt shine. I guess I don't get doing a wrapless full splice and sleeving a wood handle onto it.

I would also like to add that I have seen some cues that sellers have listed as a full splice, that in fact, wasn't. Again...I never stated the cue was NOT a full splice...just didn't look like it to me.

I never said I know it all....that's far too much pressure to put on one's self. However...since all I have owned and played with in the last 7 or so years, I believe, is wrapless full splice cues...I typically know what one should look like....but nobody's perfect....and this one is an odd duck.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Btw...you didn't have to jump immediately to confrontational and start accusing me of something that simply wasn't true. You could have just as easily been professional about it and explained it to me.

I apologize for being human and making an honest mistake.

Really sick and tired of how people behave on this forum anymore. Miss the old days when members were kinder to one another.

Last edited:

Oldwestside

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Qmaker

Bob Flynn is a first class gentleman who makes really nice cues, and he's a pro in every respect. He's been building cues for a long time and takes pride in his work. I purchased a break cue and a player from Bob, both really nice cues and more than fairly priced. After two years of play there was a slight clicking noise when using my breaker. Bob said to send it back and ten days later the cue came back to me with a new ferrule and a new tip. Bob even paid the shipping charge back to me and would not accept payment of any kind. First class guy.

Jerry in Texas

QMAKER

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Qmaker

Bob Flynn is a first class gentleman who makes really nice cues, and he's a pro in every respect. He's been building cues for a long time and takes pride in his work. I purchased a break cue and a player from Bob, both really nice cues and more than fairly priced. After two years of play there was a slight clicking noise when using my breaker. Bob said to send it back and ten days later the cue came back to me with a new ferrule and a new tip. Bob even paid the shipping charge back to me and would not accept payment of any kind. First class guy.

Jerry in Texas

Thanks Jerry

x-scrambler

Registered
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I apologize for being human and making an honest mistake.

Really sick and tired of how people behave on this forum anymore. Miss the old days when members were kinder to one another.

We're all humans (so far), but they way your first post sounded, I would have reacted the same as Bob did. Now either you yourself are a cuemaker and know the stuff or you sit down and listen, like in school. I guess that's more than fair.

The thing is that you never asked Was it a full splice? You simply claimed it's not. There's the difference.

Now pls be polite, if for no other reason, then bcoz Bob is older than you. If he isn't, the I will apologize to you, I hope that's fair?

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Please go back and read my response again....it clearly states, "it doesn't look like a full splice to me." And guess what? It still doesn't. Doesn't mean that it isn't, but it definitely does not LOOK like one. I NEVER said it wasn't a full splice...not once.

What I have already also stated, is that I missed where Bob said that he had sleeved on a maple handle. I also asked what, if any, advantage sleeving a handle onto a full splice blank would be. Or was the decision purely aesthetic? But I got ignored. Fine by me...I am friends with plenty of other cue makers that will be happy to answer that question for me. One's that don't over-react and start accusing people of calling them liars and such behind their backs. None of which, I might add, I did.

I have not owned or played with a cue with a wrap in longer than I care to think about. And I don't just prefer wrapless cues...I prefer full splice wrapless cues, and it has been all I have owned, or had commissioned in a very long while. Most people who know me here...since 2004...KNOW I am a wrapless full splice freak.

As a result of MY obsession, I have been privvy to how these cues are constructed, and so have a FULL understanding of what goes into building one. Anyone who has a passion for cues will eventually come to the point when they want to know what goes into making one...and I did just that. I'm not just talking out of the side of my neck, and would appreciate if you did not intimate that I am.

I understand fully HOW Bob did it....I only question as to why? It LOOKS more like a conversion cue, than a true wrapless full splice. Since you may have an issue grasping this, I'll explain it for you.

Typically, a conversion cue starts life as a full splice, but at some point, the wood in the 'handle' area off the butt has moved, or warped. A prime example would be an old Titlist cue. The only way to make the butt straight again, usually, is to cut out the warped section, and add in an A-joint, handle, butt sleeve and butt cap. The minute you cut into the 'wrap' or 'handle' area, the cue ceases to be a full splice cue any longer, because the A-joint is added. Now it's a short splice cue. Not that that is a bad thing...plenty of extremely talented makers making exclusively short splice cues, and some commanding very high prices, at that.

Now....I did mention that there had been some tom-foolery in the W/FS section. I can think of two or three cue listed for sale in the last year that were misrepresented as full splice cues, that turned out to not be the case. The sellers were trying to bank on the fairly recent popularity that not only full splices, but wrapless full splices have garnered in recent years. Since one of the things I am known for is looking out for scammers on the W/FS...and I did not immediately recognized the OP, I just mentioned that it did not look like a wrapless full splice to me.....which it doesn't, in the traditional sense. I never said that Bob was a liar, and I damn sure did nothing behind his back...since I posted right out in the open. I did not contact anyone via PM and say, "That QMAKER is a liar, and that is absolutely not a full splice cue." Never happened. So, yeah, I took offense at being called out for something I did not do....and I owned what I did do...down to missing the word 'sleeved' in his description.

I never said it was a bad cue, or an ugly cue, or any other kind of cue. I am glad you are happy with it...that is a good thing. I am not happy over the reactionary behavior...or even you trying to tell me that I couldn't possibly have a clue as to what I am talking about because I have not built a cue...yet. BTW...I am definitely NOT a spring chicken, and have lived my fair share of life on this rock.

Nice try, and thanks for playing!

Last edited:

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Actually, the girl is correct.
It may have been a full-splice at one time but is no longer.
Not knocking the cue or Bob as a builder, just keepin' it real.
You should have known you were in the deep end when she mentioned the 'A' jnt.

KJ

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Actually, the girl is correct.
It may have been a full-splice at one time but is no longer.
Not knocking the cue or Bob as a builder, just keepin' it real.
You should have known you were in the deep end when she mentioned the 'A' jnt.

KJ

Thanks for the support, KJ...it is very much appreciated.

bapage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
fullsplice

Sorry to the Seller and buyer. I did not mean to get in a debate in your thread.

Last edited: