dennis calling out anyone, 200k...

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I recall correctly, SVB's bar in N. Dakota has a Chinese 8 ball table...
Luckys’, in Sioux Falls SD. Not there anymore, and I heard SVB sold his share of the place. I played on that table, it’s not that tough, it’s just different. You can cut balls down the rail. You just can’t do it any way you want, to make whitey go where you want. Side pockets are generous, and you play patterns to get there. I am not a SVB expert in any way. I would guess he put in enough hours to decide it wasn’t worth his time, too many other ways to go.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
What's next, Dennis calling out anyone in the world using pyramid balls on a Snooker table?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he win the recent tournament, Hey Ball it paid $700K to some Asian player if he’s the worlds best c8baller he missed a big paypayday
He (Potts) is "a top C8B player".
Meaning he is plenty good enough to beat anyone on the planet on anyday at that game.

In other words...
He would horsef÷×k Robocop at any game on that table unless they play 1 hole on it!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chinese table, really...
He's calling out pool players who play on pool tables. I'm sure there's someone in China who'll play him on that weird felt table, LOL, this just woofing across the lake seeing if anything will fly. No time for this...
Now... in all actuality, I'm not sure if Dennis is the player he was several years ago when he was still in the US, probably IS, anyway, if so, Fedor and SVB are probably the only two that would play him in a long race and have a chance. I don't see Filler or other Euros, Americans, anyone really having the stamina.
Not sure how much longer the ban is, but, I can't wait to see him and Fedor, the young man ain't skeeeerrred of sh!te!

haha good day everyone.
I believe hes at least 5 years to even try to get a visa....and its a privilege, not a right which requires a lawyer who always gets the cash.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
He (Potts) is "a top C8B player".
Meaning he is plenty good enough to beat anyone on the planet on anyday at that game.

In other words...
He would horsef÷×k Robocop at any game on that table unless they play 1 hole on it!
1716329986413.png

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woof woof 🐶
Right now chances of SVB v Gorst happening more likely than Orcollo v Potts :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 758747

After Potts accepted, DO said 2 matches $50K each
Potts countered with at least $200K each match :ROFLMAO: He has deep pockets and backers. Plus his brother in law is Selby
View attachment 758753

View attachment 758752

View attachment 758754
Am I the only one that reads the SVB/Fedor posts like a pro wrestling promotion? Seems artificial to me. Who talks like that?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I'm not sure if Dennis is the player he was several years ago ... Not sure how much longer the ban is, ...

Here is a response by Jay Helfert about 2½ months ago regarding Orcollo's situation.
Jay, will Dennis be able to return to the US at some point? If so, do you know when? Does he want to?

Yes, but still almost three years away. He's two years into a five year ban. No telling what he will do then. He will be 47 or 48. His game has slipped during the last two years, although he is beginning to play in tournaments in Asia, with lackluster results so far.

Last edited:

nmh2008

Here is a response by Jay Helfert about 2½ months ago regarding Orcollo's situation.

Yes, but still almost three years away. He's two years into a five year ban. No telling what he will do then. He will be 47 or 48. His game has slipped during the last two years, although he is beginning to play in tournaments in Asia, with lackluster results so far.
Dennis is not someone I’d ever count out – the man is tougher than a $2 steak.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he win the recent tournament, Hey Ball it paid $700K to some Asian player if he’s the worlds best c8baller he missed a big payday.
I think he finished top 5 or top 6. Like most pool discipline, the top few will take turns winning- no such thing as dominance like in tennis

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he finished top 5 or top 6. Like most pool discipline, the top few will take turns winning- no such thing as dominance like in tennis
Agreed. I think people fail to realize just how good a 800 level fargo is. Any top 30 player can snap off a major tournament given their break is working well or if their opponents break is off that day. At that level they all get out if they can see the ball and all will play lock up safeties. Even though Filler is a favorite to win any major he enters, it seems he's been having trouble lately.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They used to soft break from dead center. Second row always went for the sides. Consistently dead out. They put a stop to that and required a hard break. Don't know the specifics.