Dennis O v JRB $100k middle

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This JRB guy must be a decent player if he expects to win. It is a decent spot but with a player of Dennis’ caliber I think most amateurs would need a better spot. I don’t play one pocket, but I think a run of the mill amateur would need something like 18-3 and even then he might lose. The talent gap is so immense that you never get a real opportunity

djg576

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bartender

I like almost all your posts, you are kinda outta line on this one. This guy is huge FAIR action! It doesn't take top top play to influence a crowd and I miss being in Vegas watching this guy in action.

In all honesty, outside of D.O. Chohan, Shane, Billy, and a few others, I dont want to see any of it. You take Jeremy Jones out of the commentating and these matches just suck. JRB is good action and entertaining.

Sorry, lost my train of thought. If you saw this bartender, you wouldn't even be able to post the nonsense I do.

Jason
Post no good without pics. Don't be a Deanoc.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
This JRB guy must be a decent player if he expects to win. It is a decent spot but with a player of Dennis’ caliber I think most amateurs would need a better spot. I don’t play one pocket, but I think a run of the mill amateur would need something like 18-3 and even then he might lose. The talent gap is so immense that you never get a real opportunity

He is! Good thought process

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like almost all your posts, you are kinda outta line on this one. This guy is huge FAIR action! It doesn't take top top play to influence a crowd and I miss being in Vegas watching this guy in action.

In all honesty, outside of D.O. Chohan, Shane, Billy, and a few others, I dont want to see any of it. You take Jeremy Jones out of the commentating and these matches just suck. JRB is good action and entertaining.

Sorry, lost my train of thought. If you saw this bartender, you wouldn't even be able to post the nonsense I do.

Jason

Pretty impressive list of one-hole players there.....except you’re missing one.
....pretty sure JRB wanted Alex to go to 18 or 19

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Here is JRB playing the famous Archie....’bout 5 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vjqg8_0UN4

JRB has some terrible bridges

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Pretty impressive list of one-hole players there.....except you’re missing one.
....pretty sure JRB wanted Alex to go to 18 or 19

I'd take that bet today and give a little bit on the odds side.

I need to stfu and quit giving advise. Not that any of you are gonna be involved in the bet.
Jason<--- not gonna be involved in the bet either. Sideline J is my name.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Archie is/was in the room every day when I lived there. JRB has no chance against anybody that is a 520 fargo:rolleyes::eek:

Well.. I don't know if you've seen him play this year... But he definitely plays better than what I saw in the beginning of that video... And there is also the idea that there might have been a little laying down? I dunno who came out ahead, but if I had to bet with no knowledge, I'd say JRB took Archie for a stack in that matchup...

You don't have to be an amateur to lay down. To this day, I believe that Lou laid down on John Barton, because Barton was simply no challenge at all. You don't beat the players at DCC that Lou has by playing like he did after months of preparation...

And I saw JRB playing two shortstops getting some weight at DCC this year... And he was winning, and looking like he mighta stalled a shot or two...

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Well.. I don't know if you've seen him play this year... But he definitely plays better than what I saw in the beginning of that video... And there is also the idea that there might have been a little laying down? I dunno who came out ahead, but if I had to bet with no knowledge, I'd say JRB took Archie for a stack in that matchup...

You don't have to be an amateur to lay down. To this day, I believe that Lou laid down on John Barton, because Barton was simply no challenge at all. You don't beat the players at DCC that Lou has by playing like he did after months of preparation...

And I saw JRB playing two shortstops getting some weight at DCC this year... And he was winning, and looking like he mighta stalled a shot or two...

You missed my "roll eyes"

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If both of you looked I bet on JRB in the action room. I only asked for a small $100 bet to sweat it cause I thought it would be streamed and I could have a few beers and enjoy.

If they wanna run it back, I'll bet up to 1,000 on JRB possibly more.

Chirp if you wanna.

My last few posts were joking about JRB cause of the "he cant win crowd"