Diamond 8 Foot Table Available

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Opinion on Diamond Home Table

Looking to buy a new table after selling my old Gold Crown 1. My friend has an almost unused 8 foot home edition Diamond. Being a pool hall guy I have never seen a Diamond 8 footer for the recreational home player but I'm thinking about buying one. Diamond fan here!

I understand the home version pockets and rails are configured for the novice player. Is there anyway to get the home version table to play somewhat close to a Diamond Pro Am Derby City set up? I'm going to get the whole table reset if I buy it.

I had an old GC tightened to 41/2. The replacement rails were extended. I'm not a big fan of pocket shims. It was tough but played correctly.

Do you think the Diamond home version is a candidate for the same type of conversion? Been told you can buy the rail material in any length. I am pretty picky about the right equipment but realistic as to what that stuff costs. Opinions please?

Thanks,
Jonesin for a table right now....��

Last edited:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking to buy a new table after selling my old Gold Crown 1. My friend has an almost unused 8 foot home edition Diamond. Being a pool hall guy I have never seen a Diamond 8 footer for the recreational home player but I'm thinking about buying one. Diamond fan here!

I understand the home version pockets and rails are configured for the novice player. Is there anyway to get the home version table to play somewhat close to a Diamond Pro Am Derby City set up? I'm going to get the whole table reset if I buy it.

I had an old GC tightened to 41/2. The replacement rails were extended. I'm not a big fan of pocket shims. It was tough but played correctly.

Do you think the Diamond home version is a candidate for the same type of conversion? Been told you can buy the rail material in any length. I am pretty picky about the right equipment but realistic as to what that stuff costs. Opinions please?

Thanks,
Jonesin for a table right now....��

Post this in the Mechanics forum. You should get better response. Brian.