Diamond arrived update

Nyquil

So my diamond arrived this wasn't a super smooth install unfortunately. Diamond sent out an extra side gully vs corner so installer built an extender out of card board until we can get the part in. The carpet blocker for the rack was made backwards installer fixed that. There seems to be a few nicks on this overall. Is this normal for you other diamond owners? I also took a pic of the rails. Looks like scratches all over installer said it's just the PRC.

Attachments

• 20210626_204349.jpg
    20210626_204349.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 409

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't get a PRC finish, but got a Cherry finish, maple wood. Nicks and scratches, zero. Quality of finish, great, setup, a lot to be desired. Only negative on my maple wood cherry finish, it would have really been nice if they had sprayed an extra coat of clear for protection. While I'm sure there is a coat of clear on there, it seems as though it was overly buffed out. I sure wouldn't expect nicks and scratches.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't get a PRC finish, but got a Cherry finish, maple wood. Nicks and scratches, zero. Quality of finish, great, setup, a lot to be desired. Only negative on my maple wood cherry finish, it would have really been nice if they had sprayed an extra coat of clear for protection. While I'm sure there is a coat of clear on there, it seems as though it was overly buffed out. I sure wouldn't expect nicks and scratches.
I know you were anxious to get it, but for being ordered brand new and for what it cost, I wouldn’t have accepted it.

Unfortunately Diamond usually requires full payment before delivery, which certainly gives you way less leverage than you’d like to have in a situation like this.

Nyquil

It's also dirty as shit on the inside and gully I shot rack played great but when I went to rerack there is all sorts of dirt and sawdust on the balls they are filthy. I mean these get installed all the time for tournaments so this shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i wouldnt buy anything big like that and pay in full before delivery unless it was on a credit card. then i would immediately stop payment until all fixed to my satisfaction.

if you pay for new you get new or a big discount.

dont think they dont know when they send out a substandard table. they inspect all their tables or at least should.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's also dirty as shit on the inside and gully I shot rack played great but when I went to rerack there is all sorts of dirt and sawdust on the balls they are filthy. I mean these get installed all the time for tournaments so this shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think.
Do you think you were hood winked. Smells from fish.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
that dirt is on the installer. and he proved his allegiance already by marginalizing the scratches.

sounds a lot like you got a lemon. and they didnt want to take the loss.

call them and complain and see where you stand.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Buddy of mine had several quality issues as well, eventually he got what he paid for but was a pain

Nyquil

Buddy of mine had several quality issues as well, eventually he got what he paid for but was pain.
Some of the marks I was able to buff out with a microfiber so that is good. The table plays absolutely lights out. The installer was at my place for 8.5 hours or so. Something definitely is weird with the rails and those marks so I will have to sort that. I am not sure if they just forget to clean things before installing them or what. They had to unscrew the wood that the slates sit on a few times to sort some things that diamond messed up on so that may have made the returns and gully more dusty than normal that is my biggest aggravation at the moment.

Smutzc

So my diamond arrived this wasn't a super smooth install unfortunately. Diamond sent out an extra side gully vs corner so installer built an extender out of card board until we can get the part in. The carpet blocker for the rack was made backwards installer fixed that. There seems to be a few nicks on this overall. Is this normal for you other diamond owners? I also took a pic of the rails. Looks like scratches all over installer said it's just the PRC.
Did you get your table from Diamond directly?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just priced a 9 foot diamond light....$1495. That is absurd. There's nothing to them. $8300 for a table.

The 3 year old used tables I bought with upgraded led diamond lights were in better shape than that table. I paid 4k.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Diamond and insist they make it right. No way anyone should expect that kind of quality after shelling out almost 10 grand. Give them a chance.... let us know what they say. I'm sure that they follow the billiard forums. They really don't want this kind of publicity.

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
As a possible theory to consider, are you sure it's a new table?

For example, could it be possible the installer swapped it out for a 'young' used table he bought cheap (and re-clothed), so he could sell the other one as new?

I'm probably wrong, but the type of dirt in the gulleys might give you an answer - if it's manufacturing debris, it's probably new. If it's general grime, maybe old.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The devil is in the details! This age old saying is sad but true. If a company is allowed to sell inferior products they are likely to go that way with everything else. The sad truth is it is usually just as easy to do a project to high standards as not. So why do they do substandard work? Easy answer is they do not care too. So as a consumer that receives something inferior you have two choices. Accept it and move on or stick to your principles and fight for what you expected or are willing to accept. Time to make a plus and minus / yes or no list. Then decide what your time is worth.. Feel your pain OP. Good Luck!

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a possible theory to consider, are you sure it's a new table?

For example, could it be possible the installer swapped it out for a 'young' used table he bought cheap (and re-clothed), so he could sell the other one as new?

I'm probably wrong, but the type of dirt in the gulleys might give you an answer - if it's manufacturing debris, it's probably new. If it's general grime, maybe old.
The damage around the diamond isnt from being used. Looks like manufacturing defect. The pic of the laminate is too low quality to see what's actually going on. Even the diamond is fuzzy.

To the op.... When you talk to Diamond, give them the serial number. They should be able to tell you if it was pre owned.

Last edited:

middleofnowhere

Registered
I don't know how they are built. If they are mass produced then I may demand a new rail assembly. They should be able to swap them out. I have a gold crown sitting on my home for over 40 years.

I may still own it when I die. Point being a pool table for most people is a long term investment. You will live with this table for many years. How do you feel in your gut? How much are you disappointed?
Would you be satisfied with a small refund?

I once bought a new truck that was never right. I grew to hate it. Everytime you have people over to play will you be telling this story? Is your joy of the table now less?

You could have bought a used table in great shape for half the price but you didn't. You wanted a new one. This table is not representive of your intent.

Returning the table for a refund, even if you could, is probably not warrented. A small cash settlement is. It will make you feel better. Things like this happen and the seller has to make it right.