Diamond Ball Polisher vs Bludworth Ball Polisher

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wet side = one platter you use with the cleaning wax and other platter you just use dry to buff (no product)?
I’m not going through all that trouble when doing multiple sets of balls. I need one product to use on the balls to spin them one time.

kcnz

Solution to having to buy replacement spindles on the diamond pool ball polisher, especially when they are back ordered. I used microfiber mop pads, cut them up to the right size and serged the ends, then you can glue velcro to the center of this custom made 3d printed spindle which also comes apart in 3 pieces making it easier to glue the center (there are 8 screws on the other side). Now you can take the cloth off the spindle and wash it! I'm using the same material on the sides too, the balls have never looked so shiny!

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

1715212119444.png

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solution to having to buy replacement spindles on the diamond pool ball polisher, especially when they are back ordered. I used microfiber mop pads, cut them up to the right size and serged the ends, then you can glue velcro to the center of this custom made 3d printed spindle which also comes apart in 3 pieces making it easier to glue the center (there are 8 screws on the other side). Now you can take the cloth off the spindle and wash it! I'm using the same material on the sides too, the balls have never looked so shiny!

View attachment 757386
View attachment 757387
View attachment 757388
Thanks, I might give it a try. I did order and receive an extra set of sprockets for my diamond dual polisher, which were not too unreasonably priced compared to the price of the entire polisher - $55 + $20 shipping for the pair of them.

kcnz

Thanks, I might give it a try. I did order and receive an extra set of sprockets for my diamond dual polisher, which were not too unreasonably priced compared to the price of the entire polisher - $55 + $20 shipping for the pair of them.
Yeah, if you do something like micro fiber mop heads, you can wash it over and over till I suppose it starts to fall apart.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes that’s correct.

I also wipe the balls off with a towel when switching sides. So the clean side stays clean. I do that very quickly. Grab 2-3 at a time and wipe them off. I don’t use a ton of Maguires in the “wet” but after a few sets there’s a little left on the balls. I’m not meticulous about it, but after 100’s of sets it keeps it clean. Also I shop vac the pads after they are 100% dry after a lot of use-when I see a build up of used Maguires in it.
So you have a 16 ball polisher that only polishes 8 balls🤪

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, if you do something like micro fiber mop heads, you can wash it over and over till I suppose it starts to fall apart.
The biggest issue I’ve had with replacing the Diamond sprocket material with a different material surface is how tight the balls fit with the alternate pads when they are in the sprockets in the unit. If they fit too tight, they won’t spin properly.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I use Aramith Ball Cleaner, not the ball restorer and my Centennials and Aramith Tournaments (Cyclops' too) come out looking like my new, unused Tourneys. I use 1 small drop on every other ball then every 4th or 5th trip thru the polisher I use no cleaner, just run them dry.

kcnz

The biggest issue I’ve had with replacing the Diamond sprocket material with a different material surface is how tight the balls fit with the alternate pads when they are in the sprockets in the unit. If they fit too tight, they won’t spin properly.
yeah, I had the same problem, the tension is in between the tips of the sprocket, which is why I ended up with a 3 piece fork design, it eliminated that tension from the thicker material. I actually made the inner diameter 2 mm bigger to eliminate some slop in that direction. I think it takes a little longer to get spinning due to that, but it does start spinning after 2 to 3 minutes. Might go back to the same inner diameter and compare..

After putting the cleaner on it, it starts out slower, first video, then after about 2 minutes or so, it starts spinning like it does eventually with the regular spindle. I the regular spindle does the same thing when the balls are dirty or you just add the cleaning solution.