Diamond Ball Washer

Nyquil

Well, I made one of those too. Actually, I made two (one for a buddy; custom Gold Crown lights. It's A LOT of work and you have no idea until you get into the project. If I were to make them for sale I would have to charge $2K to make it worth my while so no, I don't think $1,500 is out of line.

Ball polisher. I still need to finish the lid; waiting on Formica to do so.
51927633532_21e5368f12_h.jpg

Light:
49726405502_fa89ab3ab8_h.jpg

49726092826_d4ce36fa87_h.jpg
That polisher turned out bad ass looking. Nice work.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That polisher turned out bad ass looking. Nice work.
Thanks, man. Wait until the top is done complete with rosewood laminate, mother of peal inlays, metal trim ring around the opening, metal trim around the edges and the sides painted blue. I'm just waiting on the laminate to finish it off.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I plan on going to the Super Billiards Expo this year...Anyone know if the Diamond stand will have their ball washers available for sale or better yet on sale?
I seriously doubt they’ll be on sale at any lower price than what you can buy it for on the website, as they are back ordered 3+ months and selling as many as they can make. I ordered mine in December and still waiting for the call.

Yes, by the end of the show you might be able to buy one of the demos and save on the approximately $100 shipping cost.

Last edited:

67GT500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, back order is just that, back ordered. Call Diamond, 812-288-7665 ask for Aaron in sales, when he picks up, ask him, stop guessing or wondering.
I e-mailed the sales department yesterday but I'll give Aaron a call on Monday...Thank you

Nyquil

Thanks, man. Wait until the top is done complete with rosewood laminate, mother of peal inlays, metal trim ring around the opening, metal trim around the edges and the sides painted blue. I'm just waiting on the laminate to finish it off.
I fully support MOP I am a sucker for inlays lol. Post a pic when it's done.

Cclark02

I plan on going to the Super Billiards Expo this year...Anyone know if the Diamond stand will have their ball washers available for sale or better yet on sale?
Make your own ball cleaner. 5 gallon bucket, old piece of carpet, or, rug, car polisher.

67GT500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make your own ball cleaner. 5 gallon bucket, old piece of carpet, or, rug, car polisher.
I'm handy and I could do that but I'm looking for something a little more professional that I can keep next to my pool table

67GT500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anyone going to the Super Billiards Expo looking to purchase a Diamond ball polisher...I spoke with a Diamond Rep early this week and was told they won't be bringing any polishers to sell at the show since they're all on back order :(

Hoogaar

Registered
I love the look of the Diamond ball polisher, and by all accounts it's a top notch product - don't think I've seen a single bad review about it. But when I priced one out shipped to my home here in Canada, the total cost was going to be almost what I paid for my GCV knock off table, cue racks, light, 2 sets of balls including an Aramith Pro Cup TV set, a few cues, and brand news Simonis...

I'm not normally very frugal, but I'm having a hard time justifying the price. Might start looking into making a bucket polisher soon :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, suckers made everyday
Diamond tried keeping table price stable as long as they could. During covid prices for everything skyrocketed. Materials, slate, shipping, insurance, labor, you name it. Local place ordered 14 7fts just before the increase. Saved them about 30grand. Prices haven't hurt their business. Tables are over 3mo backorder. Do you know what their cost is on stuff? I have no clue so i'm not going to say they're 'gouging' or that buyers are suckers. Been to a HomeDepot or Lowe's lately? Everything is higher than giraffe balls.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond tried keeping table price stable as long as they could. During covid prices for everything skyrocketed. Materials, slate, shipping, insurance, labor, you name it. Local place ordered 14 7fts just before the increase. Saved them about 30grand. Prices haven't hurt their business. Tables are over 3mo backorder. Do you know what their cost is on stuff? I have no clue so i'm not going to say they're 'gouging' or that buyers are suckers. Been to a HomeDepot or Lowe's lately? Everything is higher than giraffe balls.
Yup
FJB

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Biden fan here but prices on shit were going up well before he took office. Once shipping slowed during covid prices skyrocketed on everything. I talked to Chad at Diamond and he said they kept prices stable as long as they could. Got to the point they had to raise them. All their suppliers raised prices basically at the same time. Perfect storm.

Nyquil

I love the look of the Diamond ball polisher, and by all accounts it's a top notch product - don't think I've seen a single bad review about it. But when I priced one out shipped to my home here in Canada, the total cost was going to be almost what I paid for my GCV knock off table, cue racks, light, 2 sets of balls including an Aramith Pro Cup TV set, a few cues, and brand news Simonis...

I'm not normally very frugal, but I'm having a hard time justifying the price. Might start looking into making a bucket polisher soon :)
Call Heath. He is in your neck of the woods.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
if you are driving to the expo then have Diamond bring one for you and save yourself cost of shipping.

website says 10-12 weeks order to delivery so that may be an issue for you

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you are driving to the expo then have Diamond bring one for you and save yourself cost of shipping.

website says 10-12 weeks order to delivery so that may be an issue for you
Guess you didn't bother to read the thread. LOL.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sure didn't, I read the question and offered a comment
Had you read the thread before replying you would have learned Diamond doesn't have stock, won't be selling them at the expo and the units are on backorder with a wait time around 3-6 months.