Diamond professional table

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m considering selling my gold crown and purchasing a new diamond professional. Will any of you guys recommend who to contact about getting a quote on the table, shipping and installation? I contacted diamond and they gave me the number to the nearest dealer but I can’t get a hold of them. I live just outside Beaumont, Texas. Charles

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Call me I can help you right now. :thumbup:
58384103_10219216577948218_3151817314437955584_n.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
p.s. I have a quote on shipping already. :thumbup: Would need to know if there are stairs involved, that will determine whether you get a 3 piece slate or 1 piece. Thanks

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
p.s. I have a quote on shipping already. :thumbup: Would need to know if there are stairs involved, that will determine whether you get a 3 piece slate or 1 piece. Thanks
These are the factory direct prices:

Oak Diamond Professional $6000 add $400 for PRC composite finish
(Dymalux not available)
Delivery $1100.00
Install for one piece: $200
Install for 3 piece: $500

I can put an order in for you TODAY.

Trent from Toledo

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are the factory direct prices:

Oak Diamond Professional $6000 add $400 for PRC composite finish
(Dymalux not available)
Delivery $1100.00
Install for one piece: $200
Install for 3 piece: $500

I can put an order in for you TODAY.

Trent from Toledo

These are the specs and accessories I would want.

9’
Black oak
White diamond sites
Pro cut pockets
Black oak round corners
Gold crown type legs
No logos
Simonis 760 tournament blue
Bridge rack on both sides
Black oak triangle
Cyclop athena balls

It would be put in my garage. I’m not sure if I want one or three piece slate. The attached picture is what I’m looking at.

Attachments

• A8D95871-47AE-4AF5-9F6F-977A0954EC1B.png
    A8D95871-47AE-4AF5-9F6F-977A0954EC1B.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 462

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
That’s one of the nicer looking Diamond Tables I have seen.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

9’
Black oak
White diamond sites
Pro cut pockets
Black oak round corners
Gold crown type legs
No logos
Black oak triangle
Cyclop athena balls

It would be put in my garage. I’m not sure if I want one or three piece slate. The attached picture is what I’m looking at.

Beautiful choice. I have my eyes on the same table....just giving it thought for now. Would get the B package. Just curious...why would you get 3 piece slate?

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful choice. I have my eyes on the same table....just giving it thought for now. Would get the B package. Just curious...why would you get 3 piece slate?

I’m only giving it a thought too right now. I want to know what kind of money I would be giving up. I’m either going to do a grand restoration on my gc or get any new diamond. As far as the slate, I don’t have the knowledge in the difference. Would a one piece be hard to sell if something ever happens and I have to sell? Does a one piece play better?

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m only giving it a thought too right now. I want to know what kind of money I would be giving up. I’m either going to do a grand restoration on my gc or get any new diamond. As far as the slate, I don’t have the knowledge in the difference. Would a one piece be hard to sell if something ever happens and I have to sell? Does a one piece play better?

From a ROI perspective I’d look for a quote to have your GC updated.

Three piece slate they have to glue together and then sand it even. It’s not like leafs of a dinning room table.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I have a GC4 and love the crap out of it. I play on Diamond ProAm's in my clubhouse. Great durable tables. The GC is modern art aside from being a classic table. Good point on your end about 1 piece vs 3 pice but I'm sure the right buyer comes along. Nobody can tell you what to do,own,buy. If you can restore the GC by a recommended mechanic that would be a real nice table to play on and simply look at. As for buying a new Diamond.... they seem to be the perfect table. Perfect as for design, durability, play wise, and delivery. But nothing beats the look of a nice GC. Flip a coin. You win either way.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

9’
Black oak
White diamond sites
Pro cut pockets
Black oak round corners
Gold crown type legs
No logos
Black oak triangle
Cyclop athena balls

It would be put in my garage. I’m
not sure if I want one or three piece slate.
The attached picture is what I’m looking at.

The only things that will cost more
than I quoted would be $50 for the
bridge holders on both sides and the
760 is only a hair more expensive.

The Professional comes standard
3 piece slate as it has since they
started making their tables. Well,
besides they do not have slate
backers on them anymore. It would
cost a bunch more for a 1 piece option
and I am not even sure Diamond will deliver it that way.

The 3 piece will play exactly like any
one piece will, with a Diamond installer of course.

The only reason Diamond uses the one
piece slate on the Pro Am's is because
they can flip the tables in and out of the
carts to save set up time. I have never
seen a Professional one piece slate.
Not sayin it does not exist, if there are
stairs involved(no more than 3 up or down)
I am supposed to ask Diamond for permission...

People do not seem to understand that
NO SMART BUSINESSMAN wants to move
their one piece slate table down a flight of
stairs... I wont for $1000.00, my business
insurance is far to valuable to me(never had
a claim and hopefully never will) for me to
put that in danger doing something so risky.
Someone could get hurt and it is simply stupid.
Any trained mechanic or installer should be
able to make a 3 piece slate play like it is a one piece.

Trent from Toledo

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trent from Toledo

To answer the OP's question... If the 3 piece slate table gets sold someday the sale is not limited to a ground level buyer.

Last edited:

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a GC4 and love the crap out of it. I play on Diamond ProAm's in my clubhouse. Great durable tables. The GC is modern art aside from being a classic table. Good point on your end about 1 piece vs 3 pice but I'm sure the right buyer comes along. Nobody can tell you what to do,own,buy. If you can restore the GC by a recommended mechanic that would be a real nice table to play on and simply look at. As for buying a new Diamond.... they seem to be the perfect table. Perfect as for design, durability, play wise, and delivery. But nothing beats the look of a nice GC. Flip a coin. You win either way.

Deep down I would like to have my gc restored. I would think it would be a whole lot cheaper but a pain. I don’t know of any top mechanics that live near me or would take on the job. Also, from what I have learned, the parts are not easy to find. Getting a diamond would be expensive but easy. All the parts original and brand new.

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only things that will cost more
than I quoted would be $50 for the
bridge holders on both sides and the
760 is only a hair more expensive.

The Professional comes standard
3 piece slate as it has since they
started making their tables. Well,
besides they do not have slate
backers on them anymore. It would
cost a bunch more for a 1 piece option
and I am not even sure Diamond will deliver it that way.

The only reason Diamond uses the one
piece slate on the Pro Am's is because
they can flip the tables in and out of the
carts to save set up time. I have never
seen a Professional one piece slate.
Not sayin it does not exist, if there are
stairs involved(no more than 3 up or down)
I am supposed to ask Diamond for permission...

People do not seem to understand that
NO SMART BUSINESSMAN wants to move
their one piece slate table down a flight of
stairs... I wont for $1000.00, my business
insurance is far to valuable to me(never had
a claim and hopefully never will) for me to
put that in danger doing something so risky.
Someone could get hurt and it is simply stupid.
Any trained mechanic or installer should be
able to make a 3 piece slate play like it is a one piece.

Trent from Toledo

Just curious, how much does the one piece slate weigh? I would imagine it would be tremendously heavy.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Deep down I would like to have my gc restored. I would think it would be a whole lot cheaper but a pain. I don’t know of any top mechanics that live near me or would take on the job. Also, from what I have learned, the parts are not easy to find. Getting a diamond would be expensive but easy. All the parts original and brand new.

Once again tough choice.
Easy but cost more>> Diamond.
Time waiting, possible aggravation, restore>>less money...GC

If you can afford the Diamond...I'd say... Buy once, cry once. It will last a lifetime under most conditions. I'm considering a Diamond Pro if I can get a grip on it's looks. As for Trent he would be a reputable dealer or person to deal with.

Last edited:

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again tough choice.
Easy but cost more>> Diamond.
Time waiting, possible aggravation, less money...GC

If you can afford the Diamond...I'd say... Buy once, cry once. It will last a lifetime under most conditions. I'm considering a Diamond Pro if I can get a grip on it's looks. As for Trent he would be a reputable dealer or person to deal with.

I agree about Trent. He’s a good guy.

speedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pull the trigger

I agree about Trent. He’s a good guy.

I have a friend who had a problem with Diamond quality when it came to his new 10' table. Took well over a year to get it resolved. Not heard the same about their other tables. I play on 7' Diamonds all the time and I think they are very high quality.

Look at the feeedback on this forum for Trent. He is a guy who delivers quality and someone you can trust with your decision.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The slates are thicker on the three piece.

An installer guy I know thinks the one piece slate seems to bow, warp, droop, or whatever more than three piece slates. I have no idea if that’s true.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
To answer the OP's question... If the 3 piece slate table gets sold someday the sale is not limited to a ground level buyer.

Thank you to all who said such nice things about me. I am just working hard and doing the best I can. I love what I do and my life revolves around pool. I love to play, even though I am an average player. My favorite feeling is getting a job done to the best of my ability and my customer being super happy!!!

Good input, but, you are forgetting that they do not offer the Diamond Professional in the one piece slate unless you plan to spend lots of extra money! Add more than 3 stairs up or down and it is most likely not an option at all. :thumbup:

"Three piece slate they have to glue together and then sand it even. It’s not like leafs of a dinning room table." <<<<--- ANYONE DOING THIS SHOULD BE FIRED... There is no way it will be level on both sides of the seams. Let me be clear, we all use the "liquid dowel method" but, obviously some people do not know what they are doing. You have to be able to slide your Starrett 98 across the seams in both directions with no clicking before you use the liquid dowel method.

Trent from Toledo

Last edited: