Diamond Table pockets marking balls

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the last few months I got a brand new Diamond 9' professional. Black leather pockets. My balls get marked to the point I'm wiping off marks multiple times per session. After searching this forum, it sounded like it was supposed to be an "old" Diamond table problem, not a brand new table problem. Thoughts? Should I bring this up with Diamond?

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a new Diamond professional about 10 months back, and we play a minimum of 5 games a day on it, and am not getting any marks on the balls. Actually am quite impressed with the Cyclops balls as they stay so clean. I vacuum the table and pockets at least once per week. I do also occasionally use a set of Aramith premium's, but mainly play with the Cyclops.

John Rawski

In the last few months I got a brand new Diamond 9' professional. Black leather pockets. My balls get marked to the point I'm wiping off marks multiple times per session. After searching this forum, it sounded like it was supposed to be an "old" Diamond table problem, not a brand new table problem. Thoughts? Should I bring this up with Diamond?
I am not a table mechanic but I recall on some of the older Diamond tables that the leather pockets were dyed black and the scuff marks on the balls were actually dye from the pockets. You can try to apply polyurethane to the pockets which should stop the dye from scuffing up the balls.

I am not aware of the new Diamond tables having leather pockets dyed black.

Fish814

I have the same issue, new (2020 Diamond Pro) marking the balls. Though I am very happy with the table I did note this issue on my review on Mannings. I use my ball cleaner daily but in any session over 3 hours I find myself wiping the marks off before racking. Like you I thought this was an issue that had been resolved, guess not. I would still buy the table, this is not a major issue to me. I hope/expect that eventually it will become less of an issue over time.