Difference between carbon fiber break shaft and playing shaft?

jshaw

Registered
Would my Revo 12.9 be the same as BK Rush shaft or are there other differences besides the tip? I have a Mezz break cue with maple shaft but it does not break as well as the BK I used to own. I've contemplated having a carbon fiber shaft made for it with a Samsara tip.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The carbon shaft for a playing cue should be a different to that of the carbon shaft for a break cue. Funny thing is the jump shaft can be the same as a playing cue shaft, but a masse shaft can be the same as a break shaft. The tips for all 4 can or should also be different. Depending on the person.
Nothing wrong with getting a carbon shaft made for your cue for what you want it to do. Just that a one off is alot of work unless they are already making good dedicated break shafts.

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would my Revo 12.9 be the same as BK Rush shaft or are there other differences besides the tip? I have a Mezz break cue with maple shaft but it does not break as well as the BK I used to own. I've contemplated having a carbon fiber shaft made for it with a Samsara tip.
I have tried all break tips on the market and the best for power and control is the Taom, some times the real problem is the weight of the cue, too much weight. Many Pro players break with weight less cue than their play cue. Be sure that your Mezz with a Taom can break the rack incredibly and certainly more than a carbon with Samsara tip. I have a 12.5mm maple with a Taom 21 oz and nobody in pool rooms around break like me. The secret is the good weight for you to develop a very fast acceleration and the right tip. I'm 260 pounds guy and 21 oz is my top may be 20 would be better. I've tried a very stiff carbon shaft with a bulletproof tip and it's b/s, too much elastic tip.