different rail side after recovering

coupons

I had my table recovered recently and after the recover I noticed he installed the end rails on the opposite side it was originally installed on. Is this a big deal to move rail installation positions from their original position/side?

Thanks! Dave

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my table recovered recently and after the recover I noticed he installed the end rails on the opposite side it was originally installed on. Is this a big deal to move rail installation positions from their original position/side?

Thanks! Dave

What kind of table? Maybe it was installed on the wrong end prior to him recovering?

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member

Thanks! Dave

No it does not matter. A left rail is a left rail. A right is a right. They can swap to opposite side. Unless they are fitted for castings or pockets.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No it does not matter. A left rail is a left rail. A right is a right. They can swap to opposite side. Unless they are fitted for castings or pockets.

I think he is referring to the head rail and foot rail. Depending on the table, it does matter. Take a Gold Crown, for instance.

98falstaff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I swap the end rails on every table recover because the bottom corner balls of an eight ball rack hit in the same spot on every break. Maybe a little OCD, but it must even out the stress on the end cushions somewhat.
It may matter if there is a brand badge or a counter though.