Difficult Draw Shot

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I would go down table with inside high and let the running English get me 3 rail position. Using outside draw on a ball froze to the rail can be real tricky on the tight pocket tables of today. I like inside on those shots frozen where the OB has to travel a couple of diamonds.
No shade here but I cannot imagine going forward with this shot. Are there any 800 Fargo guys (or good pros) on here that would say how they would play it? I would be very interested

Last edited:

Zerksies

View attachment 660110
I find this a difficult draw shot to make consistently. The red dot cue ball is the starting point. The plane cue ball is the target after cutting the 8 ball in the upper left pocket. The objective is to make the 9 ball in the upper right pocket.

Do you find it difficult and how do you shoot it?
This is not a very difficult shot at all. If you are having issues making this consistently I would say your fundamentals are off.

Monti

I just shot this for 20 minutes. Here is my banger take: If you set up on a 9' table exactly how it is in the first post (at least my interpretation of it).... 8 ball frozen to the rail, and its front edge even with the middle of the diamond, and the CB center exactly on the foot string and first diamond intersection, Efren Reyes is not getting the CB to take the path in that picture and stop on that spot.

Now, if you move the 8 off the rail about 1", you can come all the way to the bottom rail.

The video shows my makes on this shot. Each time I was just trying for maximum spin, but there is enough variation because I'm me:). The last couple of shots I moved the 8 about 1" off the rail.

The shot at 14 sec I have no idea how I got to the bottom rail. I didn't get close to that spot again.
Although I do agree with you. I think that shot at 14 sec may prove that Efren could make the shot as per the diagram?

Zerksies

View attachment 660110
I find this a difficult draw shot to make consistently. The red dot cue ball is the starting point. The plane cue ball is the target after cutting the 8 ball in the upper left pocket. The objective is to make the 9 ball in the upper right pocket.

Also your choice in path is kind of bad. You are going across the position zone and would need perfect speed control. If you hit the ball about 4:30 you will come across hitting that second diamond. Coming straight to the nine into the perfect position zone.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 660110

Thanks to all who have responded:
bbb for talking me through the use of Greenshot.
TD873 for the excellent video
straightline for the suggestion not to shoot at the rail before the object ball as suggested by Luther Lassiter on old equipment. That was one of my major problems. Also the Corey video.
tim913 for suggesting to get closer to the object ball until I make is and then move farther away. Also shooting much softer as my table spits out hard shots. This was so important.
iusedtoberich for the video and various examples.
FATBOY... sorry I didn't use the orange 5 ball.
SMOOTHSTROKE for the photo examples. My hardest for consistency is the inside draw with reverse spin but is fun when it works.
For those stating this shot is easy...thanks for the confidence.

You folks are the reason AZBILLIARDS is great. THANKS AGAIN.

Reactions: bbb