Digicue blue was pretty awesome

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I was at the BCA EXPO for the PBIA event this week and I got to look at the Digicue Blue and it was the best thing ever!

This is the new one and it has a App for Android and IOS.
The app gives you access and control over the data measured by the digi cue blue.
It will graph the data over time and allow multiple people to use one digicue with separate accounts. It has multiple difficulty levels from beginner to extreme and it allows you to include or exclude measurements and you can turn the vibration on or off. the thing is amazing.
I believe it will be available in november.

here are some photos... http://imgur.com/gallery/0nr1l

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, this may be the missing link. I was part of the original group pf Azers thst field tested
the Digicue before it was officially released. Using it as a solitary player left much to be
desired since you can't always tell what you may have done to set the device off. However,
with quantifiable results, especially with categories of different types of stroke shots you use,
Digicue Blue could be a great tool. This was the missing link before with the original Digicue.
I just may have to get one in Nov. to find out if Digicue Blue is gonna be a good as I expect.

Matt B.

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
deffinately

I didn't pick up the original although I definitely wanted it I just wasn't sure how it was going to supplement my personal practice and my lessons for exactly the reason you mentioned. But the Digicue blue is definitely going to become a useful tool in my lessons alongside video analysis. Anything that can help provide a student insight into the details of what just happened only speeds up the process of learning. It looks like in that respect this is gonna be tops I hope its super accurate and consistent. It seemed great, the only thing that was slightly off with it was I think it missed a shot when I was just shooting a rack shot after shot over a couple racks. But I could be wrong about that and other than that it was totally awesome. I pre ordered a few of em...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the original, and also the competitor one that came out before. They have both been collecting dust. I don't think they are useful to one's game. IMO:):):)

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loose lips

I had not heard of this - has there been an announcement from OB?

Nope...

I was so excited about it that I posted about it on reddit the minute I got back to my hotel room. The next day I realized that might not be kosher so I ran back over to the ob booth and begged Shane for forgiveness. He said it was all right so I continued my campaign of blabbering to anyone who would listen.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they should make two.... one for your playing cue and one for your break cue. Analytical data from both would really help people out. Track speed of breaks a long side what ever the app collects on your playing cues stroke.

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Break cue

You could easily use it on both your break cue and your playing cue. When practicing it would be a little inconvenient when playing a match to change it. IMO speed is really a secondary concern when breaking. Yes it matters but not as much as good form. I am one of thoes people who would tell you the top priority is cueball control then speed.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could easily use it on both your break cue and your playing cue. When practicing it would be a little inconvenient when playing a match to change it. IMO speed is really a secondary concern when breaking. Yes it matters but not as much as good form. I am one of thoes people who would tell you the top priority is cueball control then speed.

I totally agree...., I don’t try to shatter the one ball when breaking. I’m all about control. But..., I still wanna know how hard I hit it.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I was at the BCA EXPO for the PBIA event this week and I got to look at the Digicue Blue and it was the best thing ever!

This is the new one and it has a App for Android and IOS.
The app gives you access and control over the data measured by the digi cue blue.
It will graph the data over time and allow multiple people to use one digicue with separate accounts. It has multiple difficulty levels from beginner to extreme and it allows you to include or exclude measurements and you can turn the vibration on or off. the thing is amazing.
I believe it will be available in november.

here are some photos... http://imgur.com/gallery/0nr1l

Holy smokes retail at 187 DOLLARS......:eek: my goodness...... Almost 200 bucks.

What's going to happen to the "old" one that came out last year at almost 100 bucks...lol

Oh yea, you can sell it for maybe 10 bucks lol
I am sooo done with OB.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy smokes retail at 187 DOLLARS......:eek: my goodness...... Almost 200 bucks.

What's going to happen to the "old" one that came out last year at almost 100 bucks...lol

Oh yea, you can sell it for maybe 10 bucks lol
I am sooo done with OB.

ha ha ha. I bet you wrote this post on a Cammadore computer from 1985 that you bought for 3K and never updated;)