Dining Room Table conversion

AndyDandy75

This is more of a D.I.Y. question but I could not find the diy section.

I have seen many products to add a top and convert a billiard table to a dining table, table tennis, poker table, etc. but none the other way around.

Many of us do not have the luxury of space for both a place to eat and a place to play.
Have any engineering players tried clamping some rails and pockets to their existing dining room table?
Any products out there?

Due to COVID-19, leagues are suspended and the kids are restless

Thanks

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have seen many products to add a top and convert a billiard table to a dining table, table tennis, poker table, etc. but none the other way around.

Many of us do not have the luxury of space for both a place to eat and a place to play.
Have any engineering players tried clamping some rails and pockets to their existing dining room table?
Any products out there?

Thanks
Well that’s one way to liven things up around the house. Take some power tools to your wife’s dining room table! 😱

😂

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
IMO, if it could be made as a drop-in (no leveling), the weight of a one piece slate with rails would make it impractical.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any woman with discerning taste in furniture will most probably not let a guy go EITHER way in terms of conversion from pool table to dining table or vice versa - I speak from experience!;);)

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I resisted getting a pool table for years. Floors would not support it. Too much work on the old house to accommodate.
2 yrs ago, wife took matters into her own hands - bought 9' BBC at auction.
Says if i have to take out dining room & walls to open up LR for more space, we can just finish out life eating in restaurants.
Kitchen becomes breakfast nook and option to sit for ordering in.

There's a certain logic to her approach, but i think she snow-balled me.
I know there are brighter lights on this forum that could have advised.
In too deep, now. :(

smt

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Any products out there?

Thanks

I think its because a multi piece slate top would require filling seems and leveling every time you added your pool top and even a 1 piece 7 foot 3/4" thick chunk of slate will be heavy and still need leveling with every use at minimum. I think the simple answer is that it would just not be practical nor simple, especially when you can simply add a table top to an existing pool table.