Direct replacement LED bulbs for 9' Diamond light.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you to everyone for your replies. I think this should be pretty straight forward.

Now for the part I completely forgot about, installing the light. How do you mount a light over an existing table, I don't want someone standing on it.
Just throw a tarp on it. Won't hurt it.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Thank you to everyone for your replies. I think this should be pretty straight forward.

Now for the part I completely forgot about, installing the light. How do you mount a light over an existing table, I don't want someone standing on it.
I've done this with 2 ladders and a plank. Some tables are fine to stand on, some I would avoid doing it to. A Pro-Am with one piece slate is NOT going to be harmed by a human standing on it. They stack them on top of each other when moving/shipping them. Avoid stepping on the rubber though.

Jdel

So it sounds like standing on the table, with protection for the cloth, may be the way to go.... hopefully. :) Now I'm wondering if I really need more light or just swap the 6 current 60w 2700k can lights above for something in 5k????

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So it sounds like standing on the table, with protection for the cloth, may be the way to go.... hopefully. :) Now I'm wondering if I really need more light or just swap the 6 current 60w 2700k can lights above for something in 5k????
The bulbs you have are weak and the wrong temp. Are they T8 bulbs? I would try better fluorescent bulbs first. 5000K and the highest Lumens you can find with a CRI of 90z

Jdel

The bulbs you have are weak and the wrong temp. Are they T8 bulbs? I would try better fluorescent bulbs first. 5000K and the highest Lumens you can find with a CRI of 90z
I'm not sure I understand. The Diamond light has now been retrofit with 4x https://keystonetech.com/spec_sheets/KT-LED43T8-96G-850-D.pdf. I was just wondering if it's worth standing on the table vs replacing the 6 overhead can lights with 90-100w 5000k bulbs.