Dirt cheap McDermotts?

TheThaiger

Banned
I'm thinking about buying one of the super cheap McDermotts. Long story, but it's for a friend who has special needs, and NEEDS a McDermott. I don't want him to spend much money on it, so a Lucky at $60 may be the answer, or one of the super cheapies at $40, maybe.

Anyway, doe anyone have any experience with their super cheapies?
 
Just get one of the McDermott Cue Kits for him. They go anywhere between $40- $150, usually come with a soft case, chalk, and some other random things.
 
I would ask this in the for sale section with a line added such as "any cheaps used cues you have no need for.?"
You may be suprised. I offered a cheap but playable cue I had no need for anymore for free once. I no longer have that cue or you could have it.
 
I would ask this in the for sale section with a line added such as "any cheaps used cues you have no need for.?"
You may be suprised. I offered a cheap but playable cue I had no need for anymore for free once. I no longer have that cue or you could have it.

I agree with this. Can't hurt to see what people have for sale here. I do not have any experience with the McDermott Lucky cues, but usually you get what you pay for, in many cases. They may be a fine cue indeed, but I wonder why they are so much cheaper then McDermott's regular cues....import I am guessing.
 
Last edited:
I agree with this. Can't hurt to see what people have for sale here. I do not have any experience with the McDermott Lucky cues, but usually you get what you pay for, in many cases. They may be a fine cue indeed, but I wonder why they are so much cheaper then McDermott's regular cues....import I am guessing.

Yes, they're the chinese made ones. Really just trying to gauge how much they differ from the american ones. He loves the hit of mine - itself very cheap - but I want to keep it if possible. Really just need the butt as I have already given him my spare shaft. I have spare viking butt and am seeing about having a McD pin fitted. Trouble is, it's not so easy here in the uk, so may just opt to buy him a cheap chinese McDermott instead.
 
Last edited:
I don't have any Luckys... but I did buy a McD Star cue for roughly $160.

I can't find anything about it to complain about...and we are talking about me here:thumbup:
 
Yes, they're the chinese made ones. Really just trying to gauge how much they differ from the american ones. He loves the hit of mine - itself very cheap - but I want to keep it if possible. Really just need the butt as I have already given him my spare shaft. I have spare viking butt and am seeing about having a McD pin fitted. Trouble is, it's not so easy here in the uk, so may just opt to buy him a cheap chinese McDermott instead.

I really would make a post here in the wanted/for sale section. I am sure someone has an extra McDermtt butt they will sell you for cheap....especially since it is going to good use.
 
Back
Top