Do i upgrade to a diamond???

HelpMeScrubs0013

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
So I bought a brand new valley black cat home edition couple years ago. I put penguin rails on it pro cut so there tighter. Table plays damn good compared to a diamond table. Only play on 7ft. I have the chance to buy a diamond used. Money not the problem but is it worth it to upgrade? I play better on a diamond when I go to my local pool hall. Practice on a diamond an then going to play tournaments on them i feel mentally would make me feel alot comfortable an shoot even better. I play better on a diamond cause my table place some what close with tight pockets. So would you sell it an switch?

Attachments

• 20221214_230221 (1).jpg
    20221214_230221 (1).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 87

Texas Carom Club

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there are two pocket cuts for diamond bar tables
league cut is which is generous
pro cut is tighter but not super hard

make sure you know what your getting

the valley will have little resale value and market in comparison
but you already have it with tight pockets

HelpMeScrubs0013

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
there are two pocket cuts for diamond bar tables
league cut is which is generous
pro cut is tighter but not super hard

make sure you know what your getting

the valley will have little resale value and market in comparison
but you already have it with tight pockets
Yea I've seen pockets differences. Thanks for letting me know though.
Yea I think I could easily get 1500 for it being hard to get the home edition an black cat version.
The diamond is 5k about 3hrs from me.
Idk I keep trying to talk myself out of it to.
I just like the way a diamond plays though has that different touch😂

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
seems like the answer is yes.....(y)
remember if you dont buy a diamond table for yourself
when you die your kids will.....😂

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play on 7' Diamonds with pro cut pockets in one of my leagues, and my Diamond Professional at home with league cut pockets. Quite honestly, I pocket balls easier on the pro cut pockets as they seem to rattle less. This is not just my opinion, but also the opinion of a friend who is a much higher rated player that comes over to play at home with us and also plays on the league with us with the Diamond tables. Love my Diamond professional but wish I had gone with the standard pro cut pockets.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
congrats on the table
good decision
PM me your address
i will come over to help break it in .....;)

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Diamonds are forever! Should last a lifetime if it's in good shape. I have an upgraded Valley and a Diamond, they're both great tables.

Reactions: bbb

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea I've seen pockets differences. Thanks for letting me know though.
Yea I think I could easily get 1500 for it being hard to get the home edition an black cat version.
The diamond is 5k about 3hrs from me.
Idk I keep trying to talk myself out of it to.
I just like the way a diamond plays though has that different touch😂
Buy it

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
You play both everyday? Does your significant other mind, not your wife your cue?
No, the Valley is at home, I try to hit balls on it every day, but don't always make it.
My Diamond is at a buddy's place, he had 4, but now there's only 2. I try to get over there at least once a week.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I didn't get the opportunity to give you my opinion before you made your decision, but I think you made the correct decision. I was going to ask what your goals and playing situations are. Do you play a lot of leagues or tournaments and what are the tables mostly at these events. Are you practicing for a goal like a specific Vegas tournament. If you are going for BCA, then yes Diamonds. I don't think you could go wrong getting a Diamond in my opinion. I personally don't have a table at this time, but if I did it would be a Diamond all the way. Most will say get a 9ft here, but I prefer bar table play. I will never go pro and will take my lumps at Derby and other places, but so be it... I play for entertainment. Sounds like you too enjoy the small table. Well, enjoy your new purchase and I hope it improves your game.

HelpMeScrubs0013

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
My local pool hall is diamonds only. My goal is to be the best but I know I can't be a pro cause I don't have time to practice 8hrs a day.
I know my confidence will go even higher playing on a diamond at home then go to the hall an playing on them. Guy coming next week to refelt it with simonis 860.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My local pool hall is diamonds only. My goal is to be the best but I know I can't be a pro cause I don't have time to practice 8hrs a day.
I know my confidence will go even higher playing on a diamond at home then go to the hall an playing on them. Guy coming next week to refelt it with simonis 860.

You probably already know this, but if you haven't already specified it, I would recommend the 860 HR.

That's what you're going to find in most pool rooms and it plays faster and a bit differently than the straight 860.