Do we need permisson from players to sell DVD?

dom_poppa

Banned
I know some people on here sell DVD's of matches or pool being played in tournaments.

Do we need permission to sell these DVD's?

Like a consent from players that we can make money off of them....
 
I know some people on here sell DVD's of matches or pool being played in tournaments.

Do we need permission to sell these DVD's?

Like a consent from players that we can make money off of them....

You should talk to a lawyer about this and have him draw up a form for you. I've been on the streaming table for only a couple tournaments and I can't remember if I ever had to sign anything or not but the streams were free in those instances. The pool player owns his match. It's his intellectual property until he waives his rights to it.
 
You should talk to a lawyer about this and have him draw up a form for you. I've been on the streaming table for only a couple tournaments and I can't remember if I ever had to sign anything or not but the streams were free in those instances. The pool player owns his match. It's his intellectual property until he waives his rights to it.

Since there's usually two pool players would it be joint rights, requiring the consent of both players?
 
Back
Top