Does a 15th pocketed ball count as a point?

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
In the situation where the player legally pockets the 14th ball and also pockets the 15th ball in the same shot does the player get a point for making the 15th ball or not?

I believe it should count as a point as the standard rules are:

"4.7 Scoring : The shooter scores one point for legally pocketing a called shot. Each additional ball pocketed on such a shot also counts one point."

However a more experienced player than me said as the 15th ball is spotted on the foot spot it doesn't stay down so therefore doesn't it count as a point.

Can anyone confirm what the correct rule is please?

Thanks.

mnhighrunlist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the situation where the player legally pockets the 14th ball and also pockets the 15th ball in the same shot does the player get a point for making the 15th ball or not?

I believe it should count as a point as the standard rules are:

"4.7 Scoring : The shooter scores one point for legally pocketing a called shot. Each additional ball pocketed on such a shot also counts one point."

However a more experienced player than me said as the 15th ball is spotted on the foot spot it doesn't stay down so therefore doesn't it count as a point.

Can anyone confirm what the correct rule is please?

Thanks.

If the 15th ball is pocketed on the same shot as the 14th ball, you recieve credit for all 15 balls. You then get all 15 balls racked for your next breakshot.

cstrombe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the 15th ball is pocketed on the same shot as the 14th ball, you recieve credit for all 15 balls. You then get all 15 balls racked for your next breakshot.

Correct. From rules: "(a) If the fifteenth ball was pocketed on the shot that scored the fourteenth ball, all fifteen balls are re-racked."