Does playing pool make you smarter?

WobblyStroke

I have justnumnuts on perma-Ignore but i can still see his madness just in the replies alone. I've known some wackjobs in my life but he's easily top-5. What gets me is his total ignorance(love maybe) of how his shit is received. You'd think one would finally tire of getting hammered on a daily basis. His shit is both inane and offensive. Poor nutjob has zero life.
He's grown on me. I mean, 'I've read and understood ALL THE BOOKS now" is an alltimer of a line. In the context of his towering ignorance which knows no bounds, it's genuinely funny. Wouldn't wanna deprive myself of the LOLz with an ignore button.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
If I can prove pool makes people smarter, then money would flow faster than to sports that lead to more medical malpractice and unnecessary medical treatment.

Pool can be a proven indicator for academics in specific areas that test basic geometry.

How many pool injuries can a 20 year old have? This includes 20 year olds other various physical conditions.

The wheelchair player can beat the two legged kid, Size makes no difference in pool, its the stroke and the shooter, there is no need for comparing shooters. Its players that hit targets or players that miss targets.

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The wheelchair player can beat the two legged kid, Size makes no difference in pool, its the stroke and the shooter, there is no need for comparing shooters. Its players that hit targets or players that miss targets.

FALSE if this were true men wouldn't be better than women at every billiards game lol

And does the wheelchair guy not have legs or do his legs not work..? Because really they would both have 2 legs still.

brunswick1901

I can't say pool made me smarter but pool allowed me to develop skills that have helped me all of my life.

The work habits I used to learn to play pool also helped me succeed at my jobs and relationships.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I can prove pool makes people smarter,
Technically, anything you "pick up" and "get better at" has already made you smarter. Knitting, for example.

So, no proof, or evidence (or even conjecture) is required.

The real question is: Does it make you enough smarter to be worth anything (more than pure enjoyment.)

The quality of your questions brings doubt to this.
then money would flow faster than to sports that lead to more medical malpractice and unnecessary medical treatment.

Pool can be a proven indicator for academics in specific areas that test basic geometry.
It becomes physics when you include spin and geometry.
How many pool injuries can a 20 year old have?
Depends on who he may be gambling with, and the seediness of the area you are playing pool.

But, perhaps this is the best way to learn why you don't want to gamble. Like Fast Eddie at the run down bar........but apparently Eddie did not learn anything. And I suspect few will.........