Does this ad bother you?

Does this type of advertising bother you, that which includes an F-bomb?

• Doesn't bother me, 30 y.o. or younger

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Doesn't bother me, 30-50 y.o.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Doesn't bother me, 50 or older

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Bothers me, 30 y.o. or younger

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bothers me, 30-50 y.o.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Bothers me, 50 or older

Votes: 15 22.4%

• Total voters

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

If it bothers you that much where you are begging me to stop, why do you even come into the thread and post about it? It's just a thread to pass a little time and the talk over pool related things, relax and just move on.
Pool related??

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does this ad bother you? It contains an F-bomb within its body of text, and seems a bit inappropriate due to the fact it reaches all facets of society. Some people might not think twice about it, but others may think it's inappropriate. It just seems a bit unprofessional to me.
There's a time & place for everything and a printed ad is not the place for F bombs...ESPECIALLY coming from a reputable business. It's skanky!

SeniorTom

Pool related??
Yes, somewhat. A seller of pool supplies. Again if you don't like the thread, don't post in it. Very very simple!
There's a time & place for everything and a printed ad is not the place for F bombs...ESPECIALLY coming from a reputable business. It's skanky!
Thank you, you share my feelings quite closely. Most people F-bomb amongst friends and such, but to make the assumption that everybody is comfortable with an F-bomb by putting it out in an ad that reaches thousands if not more, is like you say, shanky.

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think I posted this earlier. … how does a vendor properly advertise these things without getting flamed

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpeg
    IMG_1611.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 42

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
As stated earlier, that's your opinion and you're welcome to express it. Doesn't mean I agree or disagree, simply enjoy the freedom of speech this country offers to All of us. Whether or not it offends you is based on what you find objectionable or not in this day and age. I find that many people still balance their opinions on faith-based moral principles.
Many others do not.
As long as we can have discourse without degrading into defamation or responses based on emotion, then we both have won the day. Listened to the others' viewpoint and clearly stated our own. That's how you solve problems and get your point across. No finger pointing or soapboxes needed. Lol. Just my opinion.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If it bothers you that much where you are begging me to stop, why do you even come into the thread and post about it? It's just a thread to pass a little time and the talk over pool related things, relax and just move on.
You don't even get the irony of your remark, do you? Your original post was not truly pool-related; just an overly puritanical take on how a company should write their advertising. Perhaps you should relax next time you feel needlessly offended.