don t wonder :-)

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
For the Love of the Game

Hussa,
hi guys- i edited and deleted a posting from me- so for the guys who posted perhaps in my thread. Sorry :) It was full of mistakes (grammar etc. ...lol- hope now it s a bit better^^)

posted new in the main now-

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=180987

sry for that,
Ingo

First i wanna say thank you to many guys that helped me a lot just thru comments and especially RandyG and T. Damm (great instructor in germany)- Further thx to all here on the board who kept my fire on pool-billiards burning again that much!
after reading Solartjes thread about his first won tournament/title i felt like posting something similar here, too.
I started with pool again in october after 10 years- and really found my *love* back to this game. For sure it will be more about teaching/instructing in the future, but after i spent some time on training i also wanted to know if it still works for me in a tournament. So i decided to start in the innerstate 9-ball and 10-ball tournaments (where you can qualify later for the germany championships)
First i wanna say thank you again to many guys that helped me a lot just thru comments and especially RandyG and T. Damm (great instructor in germany)- Further thx to all here on the board who kept my fire on pool-billiards burning again that much!
So 3-4 weeks ago the inner-state qualifiers started in 9-ball..... in the first round i was so f....in nervous-felt like i would play my first tournament (and really played hundreds til end of the 90 s). I made it to the semi-finals and made the 3rd place- satisfying- but at least just one because of experience and tactics/strategy. But happy that i qualified for the state-championships which are coming in may or so.

Then 2 weeks ago the inner-state tournament for 10 Ball came- In the first round i started good- leading 3-0 ..but lost 4-6. But the guy really played well and his win over me was totally ok.
So i had to go through the looser-bracket and i started to play better in each round. 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1,6-2, then the semi-final was started and the guy i played had exactly 2 chances in the whole set- i played without any fear- just ran out or played perfectly safety and won 7-3- so i reached the finals-
There i got to play the same guy i played in the first round again. And rushed him. The first time he got on the table seeing a ball was when i was leading 5-0. He made 2 games- then no ball got down on his break and i finished to 7-2. I felt really satisfied- it was a good feelin to know that i m still able to play a good tournament-

Two tournaments- reaching 3rd in 9-ball and 1st in 10-Ball satisfied me really- i didn t expect that...
@Solartje This is almost the same like you felt -so i can imagine how you felt^^
thx to everyone in this forum for keep the flame burning a bit again
This forum was my first contact after 10 years without pool-billiards and finally brought me back to start again.

lg from overseas :)
(if somebody s wondering-edited and deleted old post- were much to many grammar mistakes-hope now it s a bit better^^)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just love what you do...and all ll be easier :)

Ratta, my friend. I am happy that you are back into playing. It is a great hobby & it keeps us "Old Guys" out of trouble.....LOL
Congrats on the great playing & taking 3rd place after all that time that you were away from pool.