Dynashperes Titanium and Rhodium Sets

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone seen or purchased these? I stumbled upon these on eBay. I'm liking them.

Titanium:
Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 6.20.45 AM.png

Rhodium:
Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 6.19.46 AM.png

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just talked to Championship(US distributor) and they said the Rhodium, Titan., and the traditional color Platinum are made for mostly the Asian markets. Not sold in the States but avail. from on-line sources.

Scrunge19

Registered
I really like the Rhodium set but I have seen a few examples of Dynasphere balls yellowing so I'll hold off on picking up a set. The table I ordered actually came with a set of Dynasphere bronze balls but I opted to take the credit and buy my own set of Aramith tournaments.

kling&allen

Registered
$300 is steep for that set given the Dynasphere lineup starts at $50 for what appears to be the same resin.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Tungsten and Bronze. Really liking the colors and brightness of the Bronze.

Dynaspheres sets that I found on the internet with prices are:

Tungsten 79
Bronze 97
Silver 169
Chromium 239
Vanadium 249
Titanium 279
Rhodium 299
Gold 339
Platinum 349
Palladium 359

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Heh, there really is a palladium set. I thought that was a Beastie Boys reference to “The Sounds of Science,” off Paul’s Boutique.

Fancy names must mean fancy balls. I think I may pull the trigger on one of the lesser sets to bring out when company calls; reviews among posters have been good. I also notice burn marks on my cloth when I break out the plastic balls when the “fam” comes over and hits everything at LUDICROUS SPEED.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heh, there really is a palladium set. I thought that was a Beastie Boys reference to “The Sounds of Science,” off Paul’s Boutique.

Fancy names must mean fancy balls. I think I may pull the trigger on one of the lesser sets to bring out when company calls; reviews among posters have been good. I also notice burn marks on my cloth when I break out the plastic balls when the “fam” comes over and hits everything at LUDICROUS SPEED.
Even hi-dollar phenolics will leave burn marks.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is a few years old, but how do the cue balls play? I am interested in the 6 triangle Dynasphere ball which sells in the Rhodium package now but looks to be sold in the Titanium package originally? Interested in selling the 6 triangle cue ball?
Plays great. No, not interested in selling.

sbrownn

Registered
I really like the Rhodium set but I have seen a few examples of Dynasphere balls yellowing so I'll hold off on picking up a set. The table I ordered actually came with a set of Dynasphere bronze balls but I opted to take the credit and buy my own set of Aramith tournaments.
Was the yellowing in their cue ball? If not, which ones / what area? Never seen this yellowing issue mentioned before with the Dynaspheres.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
got 3 sets of dyna balls none have changed color. all play just as good as any other set after you get the old set out of your mind.

sbrownn

Registered
Speaking of differences of balls, my playing friend and I both realized that when playing with his Super Aramith Pro cue ball and my Aramith red circle cue ball that the break action and number of balls made was noticeably better with my red circle using a Schmelke 3/8x10 with a Samsara break tip. Probably because the red circle measures in at 169g which is just a smidge under 6oz. Lighter ball / faster break speeds? How does the Rhodium cue ball compare to both of these?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just talked to Championship(US distributor) and they said the Rhodium, Titan., and the traditional color Platinum are made for mostly the Asian markets. Not sold in the States but avail. from on-line sources.
I just emailed the Japanese retailer to try and find just the triangle CB. Seems they're the only one selling just the fancy CB.