Eagle Ball Set (29 balls), reviews anyone?

Pyramid-shaped rack?

Has anyone tried one of the Eagle Pool Ball sets that come with the 29 balls and a 16 ball rack? I was wondering if they are cheaply made balls or what?

http://www.eaglepoolballs.com/

I always wondered how you rack 29 balls with a 16-ball rack? Do you rack it in layers, like a layer cake, and build a pyramid? It'd be interesting to see how that break went -- some balls go horizontal across the table's surface, the others go up in the air like popcorn? :p

-Sean
 
I always wondered how you rack 29 balls with a 16-ball rack? Do you rack it in layers, like a layer cake, and build a pyramid? It'd be interesting to see how that break went -- some balls go horizontal across the table's surface, the others go up in the air like popcorn? :p

-Sean


lulz.

how much does that set cost?
 
Interesting concept

Good price

If I owned a pool room I would buy a set. I think groups of bangers would love it and many times groups come in having a few beers etc.
 
sounds like a lot of fun for bangers, but when you go up in skill (and seriousness) i dont think there really is a good fun 3+ player game except switching after every shot games.

they should've made a 29 ball rack. I remember setting up 2 racks of 8 ball together somehow on a 9' table, it was interesting
 
Last edited:
sounds like a lot of fun for bangers, but when you go up in skill (and seriousness) i dont think there really is a good fun 3+ player game except switching after every shot games

Agreed but 90% of money in a pool room does not come from serious players.

This is perfect for groups of bangers. They want cold beer, some music, friends, some hot chicks and something fun (pool table) to occupy their time. Treat them right while they are there and they will return.


I like King of the Hill and partners for the more serious minded players trying to play with more than 2 players.
 
Go bangers!

Not a bad idea. Any game that promotes social gathering of decent people will be good for the sport. (But, can you imagine all those balls on a 6-ft barbox? Man!)

Bangers (beginners) are the key to the survival of the game. If you want good equipment and good places to play, you need high volumes of customers. If you want equipment manufacturers and pool halls to go out of business, just discourage new players from playing the game.

If you like your local hall and want it to stay open, welcome new folks, be friendly even to strangers, help create an atmosphere where people want to come back and bring their friends and spouses or dates.

Everyone started out as a banger. Be good to them because bangers are actually good for the sport and good for business.
 
We ain't bangers! Ok, maybe we are....

I was entertaining the idea of getting one of these ball sets specifically for family gatherings. Practically everyone in my family plays pool. I do have two pool tables at my place, but when everyone's around there can be quite a bit of a wait for your next turn at the table. Playing scotch doubles is fine for a while, but I thought this ball set might mix it up a little. I just didn't want to fork out $125 for a low quality ball set.
 
Back
Top