Ebay package confirmed but not delivered

I have 3 packages not even tracked. It just shows Electronic info something something and I waited for 2 weeks and it was still the same. Luckily 2 of the sellers were kind enough to refund me the money through Paypal but another wasn't that friendly. He told me to continue wait.

I emailed USPS too and they said it might be misplaced due to the heavy snow now and its near impossible to track where the item is if its not registered. I didn't know having a tracking number doesn't mean its a registered post.
 
I purchased an item from a large ebay store on 12/8/13. Item has not arrived. I went to the ebay website today 12/17/13 to check the status, and lo and behold it says the item was delivered on 12/13/13! I have been checking my front porch area every day since I made the order and it never came. This is the first problem I have had like this and I'm not sure what to do.

My question is: what kind of protection, if any, do i have in this situation. I have contacted USPS and they said they will look into it. I have contacted the seller who basically told me that since the item shows as delivered, there is nothing he can do. Online forums have suggested that the notice of delivery confirmation will automatically make ebay drop your claim. Am I basically screwed here? I have put signs up around my building about a missing package. I dont know what else to do. I am out $90 and a christmas present:(

Any help or suggestions?
Thanks
Ian

Is this an apartment building? If so perhaps the carrier scanned it and left it at your door at which point one of your neighbors helped himself to your package.

If your apartment has an office that is by far the best place to leave it. Next time insist on a signature.
 
Back
Top