Efren's "Take my Watch" shot

Tall-Bob

Registered
At the 2000 14.1 US Open Efren plays a bank shot in the side pocket, cue ball three rails up and down table to open the rack from behind. Billy Incardona is commentating and he says, "Take my watch". I have found a very grainy Youtube video of just that shot.

I am looking for the entire match. Can't figure out who the opponent is. Would be willing to purchase from Accustats or ??. Or is it online somewhere?

tomatoshooter

It was Reyes defeating Mike Sigel 150-54, and, yes, the video of the full match is in the Accu-Stats catalog.
Wow. And Mike Sigel was the MAN in straight pool, Maybe the last because straight pool went out of style, I haven't seen that match but I've seen others of Efren playing straight pool and it's amazing. If straight pool was still the game in Efren's heyday, he would have been the best ever. Watching him dissect racks is like watching Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel.

Reactions: Pin

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. And Mike Sigel was the MAN in straight pool, Maybe the last because straight pool went out of style, I haven't seen that match but I've seen others of Efren playing straight pool and it's amazing. If straight pool was still the game in Efren's heyday, he would have been the best ever. Watching him dissect racks is like watching Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel.
30 yrs. ago, I’m sitting right next to the table during one of Efren’s first serious straight pool tournament competitions (Portland). If I remember correctly, he came to the table left with only an extremely difficult, near table-length combination that ‘I’ would likely have studied for several minutes before attempting. In a ’blink-of-the-eye’, he just bent down and popped it in like it was nothing! I guess it’s easier to get good at 14.1 if you’re already the world’s greatest shot-maker.