Facing thickness and hardness for Accu-fast cushions

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a table I am redoing that I upgraded the rail rubber with Accu-fast cushions and know that it's recommended to use harder facings since they are a softer rubber so what durometer? I see Classic Billiards has 75 Durometer, would these be good? What about thickness, keep it standard?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a table I am redoing that I upgraded the rail rubber with Accu-fast cushions and know that it's recommended to use harder facings since they are a softer rubber so what durometer? I see Classic Billiards has 75 Durometer, would these be good? What about thickness, keep it standard?

I believe I read in a previous thread of yours you were looking to tighten the pockets by using 1/4" facings. If that is the case, I believe the advice you got was to use the softest you can find to minimize the pocket playing dead. If you were going with 1/8" or 3/16" the 75 might be fine though.

Has something changed?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe I read in a previous thread of yours you were looking to tighten the pockets by using 1/4" facings. If that is the case, I believe the advice you got was to use the softest you can find to minimize the pocket playing dead. If you were going with 1/8" or 3/16" the 75 might be fine though.

Has something changed?
You did read that correctly, however this is a friend's table. He and I both are redoing our tables both with Accufast cushions, mine I haven't gotten that far yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You did read that correctly, however this is a friend's table. He and I both are redoing our tables both with Accufast cushions, mine I haven't gotten that far yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. This is the prefect opportunity to try the 1/4" facings on his!

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
75A is pretty hard, especially for a thicker facing. I would recommend 60A.