First Post!

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
Hey all! First post on these forums and I'm glad to finally take the plunge! :D I've read your posts a lot and find it just as interesting as on the Billiard Digest forums where I post now. I also recognize a lot of folks on these forums from there too. I need some help if you can. I notice that a lot of people post a lot pictures of their cues on this site and I'm looking for a two cue makers in particular:

-Ed Young
-Mike Durbin

I've went to your cue gallery section and searched for them, but nothing came up. My goal as a future player/collector is to get those makers who make a whole lot a cue for a little bit of money. Here's who I'm interested in right now:

-Jerry Eick (Blackheart/ I'm getting one his first...)
-Andy Gilbert
-Brian Mordt (BCM/ found out about him on this site...)
-Tom & Michi Coker

As far as cues in the $1000+ range well that would be:

-Barry Szamboti (he'd be the first one I'd like to get period if I had the money! :D :p)
-Dennis Searing
-Paul Mottey
-Michael Capone

Just for the record, pretty cues are nice, but I really, really like the points, rings, and vaneers type of setup. Can't beat a classic look...even a tweaked one IMHO. :) Right now, all I can do is afford a nice plane jane with pretty rings and I've already worked with JER on this. Whenever I get my funds together, it's going to look really nice. I also LOVE a flat-faced joint too! :D :D :D

So, if any of you know some best-bang-for-your-buck cue makers out their (to me that's in the $300-$600 range...) please name them in your reply. If possible though, send some pictures. Everybody loves pictures! :D :p :D

Purdman

Banned
Cues

I will PM you some pictures tomorrow of some cues in your price range. I got a Bob Frey, flat faced Ivory joint, gaboon ebony butt and forearm w/ white and black speck Irish lenin wrap in your price range. Killer playing cue too.
Purdman :cool:

Bob Romano

Bob' Wife
Silver Member
Welcome Shoutout33! You will find the best of the best info on this site and some pretty good friends too!

Eydie Romano

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Many cuemakers can build you a simple four pointer with no veneers and put in a few inlays for the $500 to $600 range, myself included. Veneers and maybe eight inlays in the bottom and one in each point for around $750.
Young is in Chicago and Durbin in middle Illinois. Had both their phone numbers at one time, but can't lay my hands on them right now. Mike is a really great guy and builds a nice cue. Known him many years and sold him some of his cue building equipment years ago.
Chris
www.cuesmith.com

Purdman

Banned
cueman said:
Many cuemakers can build you a simple four pointer with no veneers and put in a few inlays for the $500 to $600 range, myself included. Veneers and maybe eight inlays in the bottom and one in each point for around $750.
Young is in Chicago and Durbin in middle Illinois. Had both their phone numbers at one time, but can't lay my hands on them right now. Mike is a really great guy and builds a nice cue. Known him many years and sold him some of his cue building equipment years ago.
Chris
www.cuesmith.com

TAP, TAP, TAP!!!! You can't go wrong with Chris. The man is right on.
Purdman :cool:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum. We're pleased to have you on board and look forward to your posts.

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
One more builder...

Oh yeah, there is one more cuemaker out their who I've heard makes a really nice cue and doesn't charge much. John Parker of Auerbach Custom cues makes a nice cue from what I've heard. Somebody posted on of his beautiful creations in the gallery that sold on Ebay recently.

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
First, welcome to the AZ family! You'll get tons of info from everyone here.
Second, CeeBee was the member posting info about Auerbach cues. www.breakrak.com
Another custom cue maker that fits your price range is Bill Dominiak custom cues out of New York. I have some of his cues for sale and he's coming out with some new models this October at the Midwest Expo in St. Charles Illinois. Check out his cues, I've got one in my personal collection. www.zimsrack.com

Zim