Flooring and keeping my diamond pro am level. League vs pro cut pockets

Nyquil

So I recently put in an order for a 9ft pro am. My basement is unfinished. I do want some type of flooring to keep my aramith tournament balls in good shape if they were to fly off the table and to help with sound deadening along with adding some cushion for my feet. I plan on spending many hours playing each week. I found some gym grade flooring by the roll that would be really convenient. I could do a quarter inch or 5/8 in thickness. This flooring is suppose to be on the firmer side especially the 5/8 stuff. My question is will this cause leveling issues over time? I could potentially when the installer comes in once I know exactly where the legs will be positioned cut those parts out so the legs are on solid concrete. I attached a pic of the type of flooring.

One other question I opted to go league cut to make the table potentially less frustrating for guests. I am second guessing this. It's no additional charge either way between pro and league cuts. Forum members were saying the shelf depth may different and I may get more rattle out of the leagues rather than the pro's just kicking the ball back out if my shot is off. Is playability much different between the two?

Thanks for any feedback

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210323-214433_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210323-214433_Chrome.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 80

Nyquil

So I recently put in an order for a 9ft pro am. My basement is unfinished. I do want some type of flooring to keep my aramith tournament balls in good shape if they were to fly off the table and to help with sound deadening along with adding some cushion for my feet. I plan on spending many hours playing each week. I found some gym grade flooring by the roll that would be really convenient. I could do a quarter inch or 5/8 in thickness. This flooring is suppose to be on the firmer side especially the 5/8 stuff. My question is will this cause leveling issues over time? I could potentially when the installer comes in once I know exactly where the legs will be positioned cut those parts out so the legs are on solid concrete. I attached a pic of the type of flooring.

One other question I opted to go league cut to make the table potentially less frustrating for guests. I am second guessing this. It's no additional charge either way between pro and league cuts. Forum members were saying the shelf depth may different and I may get more rattle out of the leagues rather than the pro's just kicking the ball back out if my shot is off. Is playability much different between the two?

Thanks for any feedback
Correction flooring comes in 1/4 3/8 and half inch. The half inch is pretty pricey and is used for mainly for heavy weights.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A vinyl plank flooring would be nice, and something you could easily do your self. Or you could just get a throw rug that extends 3 ft or so around the table. I would not make any cutouts for the feet as it is a simple matter to reset the level by adjusting the feet after the slates have been leveled initially.

Gearheadzs

I converted half of my large 3 car garage into my pool room, I use Racedeck flooring, their circle track style. It supports my 9' Gold Crown with no problem. It is a high impact copolymer material, is easy to clean, and allows me to play long sessions without wearing out my feet. It is interlocking so you can do multiple colors or designs. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
49db2113ad1a5300866e86fff9bf3e3d.jpg

I opted for the big rug, and it has served me well. I googled it and found a place on the internet that sells big ones, don’t remember the name of it right now, but yeah pretty easy to find the big one you need on the web nowadays. I also found the perfect size runner to go along the wall where the cue/ball rack is. I wouldn’t worry about the settling of any materials that are soft, since all four legs will settle pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nyquil

49db2113ad1a5300866e86fff9bf3e3d.jpg

I opted for the big rug, and it has served me well. I googled it and found a place on the internet that sells big ones, don’t remember the name of it right now, but yeah pretty easy to find the big one you need on the web nowadays. I also found the perfect size runner to go along the wall where the cue/ball rack is. I wouldn’t worry about the settling of any materials that are soft, since all four legs will settle pretty much the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked for big rugs and only found a couple that were honestly not that big and pretty expensive. I'll take another look and see maybe I just didn't search deep enough for a good deal.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I converted half of my large 3 car garage into my pool room, I use Racedeck flooring, their circle track style. It supports my 9' Gold Crown with no problem. It is a high impact copolymer material, is easy to clean, and allows me to play long sessions without wearing out my feet. It is interlocking so you can do multiple colors or designs. Just a suggestion. Good luck.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Keith