Frankfurt, Germany

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

Are there any decent places to play pool in Frankfurt, Germany? If so, what would you say are the best?

I really need to push my game back to the next level again as I've been out of it for a couple of years now in Limerick, Ireland...nothing here.

Also, are there any leagues in Frankfurt?

Thanks

Greg

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
I'm sure there are pool halls in Frankfurt...., but I would recommend checking this place out: http://www.bcfrankfurt.de/

Looks like this billiard club has been around since 1912. If I moved to Frankfurt tomorrow, I'd be seeking out to join such a club.

This could turn out to be a really cool experience for you. Depending at what German league level the Frankfurt team plays, and your skill level, you could end up playing some really strong players on a regular basis.

Leagues in Germany are nationally sanctioned and there are some serious world beaters involved. Imagine a pool league where you get to occasionally play against the likes of Oliver Ortman, Ralf Souquet, Nick Van Den Berg, Chris Melling or Ralf Eckert... And look out for that new kid Joshua Filler. Lots of buzz around his game these days.

Of course, that assumes you join a club that has a team in the top tier (1st Bundesliga) and you play strong enough to be on their first team. Most clubs have multiple teams playing at several different skill levels and geographic levels (local, regional and national levels).

Good luck.

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. That's pretty cool. I used to be playing at a 7 level a couple of years ago but haven't played in a couple of years. Hopefully I can use Frankfurt to get back there. I did play my father 2 weeks ago and he is a solid 5 and I beat hi 10-0 so I must still have a few skills! LOL.

Anyway, thanks a million for the information. I'll definatly use it!

R,

Greg

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Glad to help. I read over their page and see they claim to be the oldest billiards club in Germany. Their top team is in the 2nd Bundesliga, so that would be the equivalent of the the minor leagues. But, if they finish in upper ranks of 2nd league they would move up to first league.

Also, they have snooker and 3-cushion tables in their club.

You don't pay by the hour, you join and pay for the month.

Very cool setup. I was i such a league in Nuremberg, Germany from 1987-1990 and it was an AWESOME experience. I don't know how it is with the Frankfurt club, but I had my own key to the place and could come and go at all hours and play whenever I wanted to. The camaraderie among the club members was awesome. A great way to make some new, like minded friends.

Also, that was the first such club that came up on www.google.de when I did the search. For a city that size, there may be others, plus whatever normal pool halls you can find.

Best of luck with your transition.

JT

Last edited: