Free poolroom signs!!!

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
That's right folks I said FREE!!! I simply have to many signs and I want to send them to good homes. Just pay the shipping cost of $19.95 each and one or more can be yours. They measures 5 1/4 in height x 22 in long. No combine shipping cost, the post office goes by weight just like all shipping companies. I have multiples of these signs so no worries about running out. They are mostly Hardwood signs and some pine and here is what they say on them.

1. "no bar, no pinball machhines, no bowling alleys, just pool" This is AMES Mister!!!

2. Deadwood Billiards No Women No Pets

3. Girls have got BALLS, they are just a little higher up

4. Have Cue Will Travel

5. I've seen better strokes in the hospital

6. Jacks or Better Poolroom Liquor up front Poker in the rear

7. No nonchalantin at the pool table

8. Put your Big Girl Panties on and Belly up to the Table NIT!!!

9. One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure

PM me the address you want it shipped to and I will give you my PayPal information for the shipping charge.

Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Ames.jpg
    Ames.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 657
  • GirlsDeadwood.jpg
    GirlsDeadwood.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 653
  • HaveCuePanties.jpg
    HaveCuePanties.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 659
  • JacksNonCha.jpg
    JacksNonCha.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 661
  • StrawberryHospital.jpg
    StrawberryHospital.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 657

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Free

But they're FREE and FREE is one of my favorite words next to yes.

If you live anywhere in Metro Atlanta I will just hand it to you.

Last edited:

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably? This is the most poorly disguised for sale post I have ever seen.

:)

It made me think of one of those shitty informercials that offer you these "great deals", all you have to pay is shipping and handling.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
But they're FREE and FREE is one of my favorite words next to yes.

If you live anywhere in Metro Atlanta I will just hand it to you.

:) Ok, but you have to admit that the way it's worded makes it sound like the scammy commercials trying to make their profit off the shipping and handling.

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Can't argue with Devils

Now lets see where the profit is

1. I am a retired sign artist

2. The neighborhood kid charges $5.00 to ride his bike to the Post Office and stand in line (It is Christmas time you know)

3. Plus you still have to get the wood and stain it

4. The post office charges by the weight. Oh yeah I am making a killing here.

Now I can see China being upset because its hard to put Americans out of work with FREE but I am surprised at Lexington.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

2. The neighborhood kid charges $5.00 to ride his bike to the Post Office and stand in line (It is Christmas time you know)

Now I can see China being upset because its hard to put Americans out of work with FREE but I am surprised at Lexington.

I never said I was upset, I really don't care. In fact, I hope you sell 1,000 of them. I simply stated what it reminded me of based on the wording.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
:) Ok, but you have to admit that the way it's worded makes it sound like the scammy commercials trying to make their profit off the shipping and handling.

Hey now, the guy did say that if you lived in Metro Atlanta, he would just hand you one of the signs. That means no shipping and handling charge, which means FREE.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

The post office has labels you can print from your computer. No standing in line required. They will even pick up the packages for you.

Two signs to the same place in one box isn't double the price.

I ship a cue case across the USA for less than $20 and it weighs ten times what your sign does. Roy Mallot can ship a case to me from Indiana to China using the US post for $35 so why does it cost you $20 to ship a small wooden sign?

Some Chinese in China try to sell their wares using the same sort of free/low price coupled with absurd shipping charges schemes as well and it doesn't work well for them either. This is the reason Ebay now charges a final value fee on shipping charges as well. Because so many people were trying to get out of paying the fees by selling $1 items with $25 shipping charges.

So good luck with your free $20 signs.

Now beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all but might I suggest using a wood that is less busy as the large grain running through the strangely skewed lettering is disconcerting.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Hey now, the guy did say that if you lived in Metro Atlanta, he would just hand you one of the signs. That means no shipping and handling charge, which means FREE.

Great. So since there is no limit to the amount he will give away for $20 shipping per sign then I can send someone over to pick them all up for free?

JoeyA

Silver Member
It depends upon what your definition of "A" is.

JoeyA

Silver Member
It depends upon what your definition of "it" is.

Great. So since there is no limit to the amount he will give away for $20 shipping per sign then I can send someone over to pick them all up for free?

One to a customer, I mean....................

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
One to a customer, I mean....................

Come on Joey, read the original post:

That's right folks I said FREE!!! I simply have to many signs and I want to send them to good homes. Just pay the shipping cost of $19.95 each and one or more can be yours. They measures 5 1/4 in height x 22 in long. No combine shipping cost, the post office goes by weight just like all shipping companies. I have multiples of these signs so no worries about running out.

I have highlighted the relevant parts.

Based on this description and the fact that he said he would give them away if you show up in Atlanta then there is no limit on how many free ones you can get.

JoeyA

Silver Member
It depends upon what your definition of IT is.

Come on Joey, read the original post:

I have highlighted the relevant parts.

Based on this description and the fact that he said he would give them away if you show up in Atlanta then there is no limit on how many free ones you can get.

John,
If we were talking about Satsumas, which I have growing in my backyard and I told you that I have lots of Satsumas on my tree and I was willing to ship you one Satsuma and all you would have to do is pay for the shippiing at $19.95 each Satsuma, but I also told you that if you showed up here in New Orleans, I would just hand it to you, do you think I meant all two hundred of my Satsumas?

"If you live anywhere in Metro Atlanta I will just hand it to you. "

You must be related to Bill Clinton.

Hey, I bet this guy would make custom signs for any AZBers Home Pool Room. :D

Last edited:

JoeyA

Silver Member
If I had a pool table at my house, I would get you to make me a custom sign.

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Relax John

When I first move to the South from Chicago everyone that spoke to me I thought was setting me up for a robbery until my best friend who is also from Chicago told me to relax they are just friendly down here. Now John I could give a FAT RAT'S ASS how they do things in China I live in the South and when we say good morning, how you doing, you don't have to reach for your purse or put you hand on you wallet. We just are nice down here. Relax John this is not New York City, or Chicago its the South baby and that is just how we do things. If you don't want a FREE sign just go Beat Off some place.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John,
If we were talking about Satsumas, which I have growing in my backyard and I told you that I have lots of Satsumas on my tree and I was willing to ship you one Satsuma and all you would have to do is pay for the shippiing at $19.95 each Satsuma, but I also told you that if you showed up here in New Orleans, I would just hand it to you, do you think I meant all two hundred of my Satsumas?

"If you live anywhere in Metro Atlanta I will just hand it to you. "

You must be related to Bill Clinton.

Hey, I bet this guy would make custom signs for any AZBers Home Pool Room. :D

But he will ship you an unlimited amount for $20 "shipping" each, no combined shipping.

So I get it I think, on the off chance that someone takes him up on the "free" in Atlanta part he will give each person who shows up ONE sign but if you don't live in Atlanta, say you live in Macon, you can have as many as you like for "free" at $20 shipping each. even though the post office does not charge $40 to ship two signs, or $60 to ship three signs in one package.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
When I first move to the South from Chicago everyone that spoke to me I thought was setting me up for a robbery until my best friend who is also from Chicago told me to relax they are just friendly down here. Now John I could give a FAT RAT'S ASS how they do things in China I live in the South and when we say good morning, how you doing, you don't have to reach for your purse or put you hand on you wallet. We just are nice down here. Relax John this is not New York City, or Chicago its the South baby and that is just how we do things. If you don't want a FREE sign just go Beat Off some place.

Hey it's not my fault you wrote it like an infomercial. It's not my fault you appear to be trying to SELL signs under the guise of giving them away and trying to do it in the main forum.

I wasn't the only one who picked up on it. So if you are sincerely trying to GIVE away your signs then great. I hope that you can "give" them away forever at $20 shipping per sign no combined shipping.

I think it's a great idea and since I have a laser engraver and a bunch of scrap leather I think that I might start "giving" away "free" signs as well for just the shipping charge. You surely don't mind I hope, southern hospitality and all.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Hey it's not my fault you wrote it like an infomercial. It's not my fault you appear to be trying to SELL signs under the guise of giving them away and trying to do it in the main forum.

I wasn't the only one who picked up on it. So if you are sincerely trying to GIVE away your signs then great. I hope that you can "give" them away forever at $20 shipping per sign no combined shipping.

I think it's a great idea and since I have a laser engraver and a bunch of scrap leather I think that I might start "giving" away "free" signs as well for just the shipping charge. You surely don't mind I hope, southern hospitality and all.

OK, I am looking for a leather burnisher with the POW-MIA logo engraved on it. Just make it up and put it in your cue case. When I see you next time, you can just hand it to me instead of me paying the shipping charge.
JoeyA engraved at the bottom of the POW-MIA logo is optional. :wink: