FS: Abear Cue

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Butt weight 14.92 oz 29 1/4" length, 1.261" diameter at lowest trim ring, .825" diameter at joint (staghorn or similar butt cap) Long 3/8x10 joint pin

Shaft 1 - 3.32 oz, 28 7/8" length, 12.4mm tip (staghorn or similar horn ferrule)

Shaft 2 - 3.29 oz, 29" length, 12.5mm, appears to be melamine ferrule.

Total weight 18.21 oz to 18.24 oz.

Abear logo is faintly visible between points. <--- UPDATE: this sentence might be pushing reality a bit. After taking a magnifying glass to the cue, as well as trying to photograph the logo, it seems I can't make out what is there at all. I can only tell there is SOMETHING there where the sig should be. Andy Gilbert recalls the refinish work for "Brian" (the former owner) and both Brian and Dave Ward (of B&D Cues) assured me the cue is indeed an Abear. I totally believe them as neither Andy nor Dave has ever been anything but truthful with me. Had I not believed them, I would not have accepted the cue. Brian and Dave both told me they had contacted Steve Hebert about re-signing the cue but I believe he offered to provide them a COA instead. They declined the COA as they didn't think the cue would leave Brian's hands.

Just trying to be complete about the details on this cue. Sorry if they are tedious. :)

And an UPDATE to my update: Received the following response in reply to my inquiry from Mr. Hebert this morning
"-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Abear cue
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 19:51:34 -0800
To: Richard L. Tefertiller <Removed my email address>

Hi
Its hard to resign a cue when i never received it for resign
It is my cue but do not recall the exact date
It is common that people call for info but never hear back from them
If i had been sent the cue i for refinish this problem would have never came up
Thanks
Abear
Sent from my iPhone"

I will forward the full and exact email to any potential buyer if desired.

Cue is solid and has a few light dings from play but is in overall very good shape.

Asking $450 shipped to lower 48

Attachments

• FullRt.jpg
    FullRt.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,250
  • FullLft.jpg
    FullLft.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,239
  • Butt1.jpg
    Butt1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Butt2.jpg
    Butt2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,222
Last edited:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
More Abear pics

Attachments

• Butt2.jpg
    Butt2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Joint-Pts.jpg
    Joint-Pts.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • WrapPts.jpg
    WrapPts.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,214

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rich that used to be my cue! That is a great hitting cue!

Great price on it, its almost like stealing it.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, it is a strong hitting cue. Mr. Hebert has offered to refinish and re-sign the cue as well as build another shaft for the cue at an almost unbelievable price. He is back in Texas and I can provide his phone number.

Cue is still available as of now.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Should hear back from Mr. Hebert about a potential trade by Monday, but for now the cue is available. Would consider trades or reasonable offers.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Mr. Hebert (Abear) and I continue to discuss doing something but the cue is still available as of now. By they way, he's a blast to talk to and seems like a great guy.