FS Early Joss West cue

scenario

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
old joss west

The response about three dots ... They are not dots but the end of the sideways W from the logo, just missing some of the ink. Looks good to me and I have one just like it only ss joint.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
^^^ Nope, those are dots. It is also emphasized by the Joint cap.
Plus the upturn at the bottom of the J is not right.
If I recall, these logos were made with a 'stamper', therefore they would all be consistent.

Waiting on response to whether this cue has been worked on by someone else. Prolly the same time it was rewrapped and refinished. Looking for some honesty here.

I still love the look though. I'll offer $500.

scenario

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Old Joss West

I am willing to make a bet the Logo is correct, the joint protectors were made after the cue stick.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
^^^ I am willing to take that bet, but we'll never be able to determine a winner unless someone here gets it in their hands. I'm holding a '79 JW in my hands right now with that same style logo. Definitely no match over here. I'd post a photo if my OS were current enough for photobucket (which it's not).

As a side-note, snag these photo's now for comparison before they disappear...

btw-
you state "Looks good to me and I have one just like it only ss joint". Does that mean yours does NOT have a SS joint, or does it mean you some how missed the fact that this one DOES have a SS joint??? ;)

gabbi_chen_tw

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
half fast bankr said:
on second glance, the dots beside/above the sideways W seem out of place. Was there some work done on this cue by someone other than Stroud?

Yes, I have changed butt cap and new paint.

CIMG3473+.jpg

CIMG4729+.jpg

gabbi_chen_tw

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shotmaker said:
He emailed me and said these 30 year old shafts were not straight. I don't know about anyone else, but i can't see spending that kind of money for warped shafts

I don't know your standard for straight.

I will show you some video about straight.

Thanks.

Chen