FS: Gulyassy Afzelia Crotch Burl Custom

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Decided I'd be willing to part with my Gulyassy (special-made according to my specs):

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=242272

Drop-dead-gorgeous burl in person, positively shimmering in the light/reflecting in what appears like a multitude of shades/hues. Brand-new, with one shaft test-hit when I got it in August (not that one would be able to tell, just to mention it's an awesome cue, probably easier to put spin/draw on the cue ball than any cue I've ever tried, no wonder Earl endorses these), which was around a time when I decided to go back to playing with a lighter cue as I used to when I was younger. Been sitting in a storage case since then. All I ask is my money back (would have to check bills, but roughly $1200). Includes most beautiful extension using same Afzelia crotch burl and ring work, plus black delrin JPs and custom ebony JP for the extension. Will agree to escrow service since I have no sales history on AZB, although anyone who knows me in person or my reputation as a player/instructor/coach will know I'm as Swiss in matters of trust and money as we get. May decide to put this on eBay later this year. Having said that, selling this is not a priority, so price is firm (may consider trades, though). Secretly hoping one of my students will pick it up so it won't be completely out of sight - Mike did such a perfect job on this cue (and as promised, chose his "most beautiful piece" of burl).

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gorgeous burl, worth having a look! :yes:

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
your David platner?? just asking..

With a double-T, but otherwise can't deny it. ;) May I ask your name, good sir?

Djay Customs

Designer for JB Cases
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
With a double-T, but otherwise can't deny it. ;) May I ask your name, good sir?

we meet eachother on the EC seniors in leende..and this year my good friend Jimmy Worung (sponsored by DjayCustoms ;) ) was there..

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
we meet eachother on the EC seniors in leende..and this year my good friend Jimmy Worung (sponsored by DjayCustoms ;) ) was there..

Yes, Jimmy and his lovely wife, what a handsome couple! David Jones, then, correct? Missed congratulating on your birthday a few days back, but was already past midnight when I came home and noticed…

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes it was my birthday....but I'm not mr.Jones, I'm Djay that's my name..:D

Sorry about that! My memory for faces is far superior to that of people's names. That's putting it mildly - tend to forget people's names all the time, I'm truly horrible that way… :eek:uttahere:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Truly unique taper, follow through no end! And did I mention the drop-dead-gorgeous burl? :cool:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sold. Thanks!