FS: Jerry Olivier cue with 2 shafts

cswann1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Up for sale is a really nice JO I've had a few years.

I bought it because a couple of my league teammates raved about their JOs and I really liked the artwork in it. But I never did play with it much because I like my Schon with it's 12mm shafts and never got around to having the shafts on this cue turned down.

It's a standard length 19oz (give or take a 1/2 ounce...I don't have a scale) with a nice alligator print black leather wrap.

I don't know exactly what wood the forearms is but the grain makes me think it's a kind of purpleheart. I don't know if purpleheart wood can get this brown though so some of you may be able to identify it just from the pics or by knowledge of JO's cues. The 3-high/3-low points are curly maple that really show some character in good light. In each point is a cocobolo spear. There are elegant cocobolo rings with a thin brass ring above and below the wrap and between the sleeve and cap.

I would give it a solid 95% as far as cosmetics. It's not a cue-safe-queen and has been played. There are a couple of finish-deep nics on the buttcap and 2 small dents in the forearm that don't break the finish. You'll have to look/feel for them to find them. The thing plays like a JO. very nice hit with tremendous feedback. One shaft has some chalk discoloration but I have kept it well maintained and waxed. The other is practically new and I have never stroked a ball with it. Both shafts are 13mm and as straight as can be and free from dings. I believe the tips are Everest mediums but please don't hold me to that as I can't be sure. They are layered and of good quality. (I can send/upload pics of the tips if anyone would like to see them)

102_0429.JPG

102_0430.JPG

102_0431.JPG

Looking for $750 for this beauty shipped and insured!