Funny pool related story

L.S. Dennis

Several years ago I remember reading a story about Joe Kerr (who bore a striking resemblance to Luciano Pavarotti) who was officiating some tournament and suddenly past out. With people rushing to his side upon regaining consciousness people began to ask him how he was feeling. Through glazed eyes he said “I feel like I just got out of a ring game with Varner, Sigel, and Strickland!”

I’m pretty sure the story went something like this, maybe Jay or some of the old timers can attest to its veracity!

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several years ago I remember reading a story about Joe Kerr (who bore a striking resemblance to Luciano Pavarotti) who was officiating some tournament and suddenly past out. With people rushing to his side upon regaining consciousness people began to ask him how he was feeling. Through glazed eyes he said “I feel like I just got out of a ring game with Varner, Sigel, and Strickland!”

I’m pretty sure the story went something like this, maybe Jay or some of the old timers can attest to its veracity!
Was his wallet missing too?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I could see Joker saying that..I really miss him....and pool misses him even more.