Gandy Miss America table cushion question.

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am investigating new cushions for an early 1970 Gandy Miss America oversized 8 foot table. I came upon this AZB earlier thread from 2009 discussing using Championship Tour Edition k-66 rubber on a Gandy table and the horrible results after the install.

The OP gave a very detailed explanation of his installation procedure. In it he said he had done the following:

"To more completely clarify , after the first rail dried the rubber bands were removed and the rail was then bolted to and properly torqued to the bare slate after which the cushion nose height was checked and found to comply with figure #2 ,the nose height being 1-13/32" above the bare slate surface."

He provided the Championship image of the recommended dimensions:

1612129988826.png

My question - did he measure the rail nose height correctly? Should he have measured with the table cloth installed? The 1/16 " cloth relief is for the rail covering, not for the table cloth.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Why would it matter? The cloth stretches across the entire surface of the slate. The rails then sit on top of the cloth. The measurement should not change.

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would it matter? The cloth stretches across the entire surface of the slate. The rails then sit on top of the cloth. The measurement should not change.

Ahhh you are right. It is the difference between the rail nose and the surface the ball will be rolling on that matters..

My brain freeze.