GC6 Tournament Edition Differences

Submerge

Trying to understand all the detailed differences between a standard Gold Crown IV and the Tournament Edition. Only things I can find are the rail length resulting in narrower pockets and the decals. Are there any other differences?

Thanks.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Trying to understand all the detailed differences between a standard Gold Crown IV and the Tournament Edition. Only things I can find are the rail length resulting in narrower pockets and the decals. Are there any other differences?

Thanks.
Tighter pockets and Decals!

If you need any help with purchasing one, I am very able to help from sale to install!

TFT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.
tighter pockets is all.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

Thanks.
Soon, you will also be able to have DEEP SLATE SHELF on a Brunswick Gold Crown! The future looks BRIGHT, I hear there is some new intelligent lighting coming out too!

TFT

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one I’m purchasing has the extended rails. 4.25” corners. Several other of the gc6s also had same extended rails but were 4.5”. All in way rails were installed I guess.
I don't think Brunswick does 4.25" pockets from the factory but I could be mistaken. If the one you are purchasing is 4.25", hopefully the sub rails were properly extended and the pocket openings recut vs. someone stacking facings to make up the .25". If the latter, the pockets will play dead.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Brunswick does 4.25" pockets from the factory but I could be mistaken. If the one you are purchasing is 4.25", hopefully the sub rails were properly extended and the pocket openings recut vs. someone stacking facings to make up the .25". If the latter, the pockets will play dead.
There's no 4.25" option on their site. Had to be aftermarket work.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
One of game’s top pool mechanics will do the installation.
Who might that be? Anyone from here? Always interested in hearing about "top pool mechanics" :)
Rexus31 is giving you solid info. They do not offer 4.25" for a FACT, maybe some may be off a lil, but not that much, after market work.

TFT

PS> NO STACKING FACINGS>

Submerge

Here's photo of two balls in the corner. All corners are identical in size. Actual measurement is 4 3/8". My bad on the smaller number. Some other GC5s they had were 4.5". All with the extended rails from the factory. Thanks for all the inputs.

The mechanic at the Billiard's Factory in Jacksonville is an older fellow named Bill. Don't know his last name. He is there for the top of the line installs. The owner is his assistant on these. They are stacked with work. Wait time 4 weeks from committing to sale.

Appreciate all the thoughts. David

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 19.47.37.png

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Here's photo of two balls in the corner. All corners are identical in size. Actual measurement is 4 3/8". My bad on the smaller number. Some other GC5s they had were 4.5". All with the extended rails from the factory. Thanks for all the inputs.

The mechanic at the Billiard's Factory in Jacksonville is an older fellow named Bill. Don't know his last name. He is there for the top of the line installs. The owner is his assistant on these. They are stacked with work. Wait time 4 weeks from committing to sale.

View attachment 633601
I do in fact know Bill P!! He also runs a league there:) He will set it up RIGHT! Good for you, its easy to run into the WRONG guy.

TFT

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 633601
Those look great! Looks like 4.5” though…perfect size IMHO.

Submerge

Those look great! Looks like 4.5” though…perfect size IMHO.
Here’s 4.5" on a GC5 at same place with extended rails also. The GC6 at 4 3/8 is shown for comparison on the right.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 23.16.45.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 23.16.45.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 19.47.37.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 19.47.37.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 68

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Here’s 4.5" on a GC5 at same place with extended rails also. The GC6 at 4 3/8 is shown for comparison on the right.
yeah, that variance is bad! the first pic is no where near 4.5 and the second is closer. 2 balls= 4.5". I spoke with Bill P this morning ! He is aware of your table! :)

TFT

Submerge

Thanks. Should meet Bill on Friday. They confirmed it is a tournament edition table. Factory has the TE side decals they will sell. On the pricey side for cnc cut vinyl letters, but I do like the look.

TrxR

If anyone is interested here is the pocket specs I got from Brunswick.

Attachments

• Pocket opening specifications.pdf
    104.8 KB · Views: 91

phreaticus

If anyone is interested here is the pocket specs I got from Brunswick.
Yes, BW claims their standard tables meet BCA specs & their TE’s meet WPA specs +/- 1/16”. Pocket face angles per both BCA & WPA are supposed to be 142 deg +/- 1 deg.

My 2020 GC6 TE corner pockets came in at 4-5/16” (4.3”) and PFA’s of 143-144 deg. I like it, but plays super tough, tougher than I wanted. Guessing BW has a bit of a QA problem, definitely would have preferred 4.5” with 141 ish PFA’s.

Just FYI