George cases

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what happened to the guy that bought the George case business. He
was making nice cases with larger pockets. I have not seen any or heard anything about
him.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bump / nobody knows? Here's mine.
IMG_0318.jpg
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I offered to buy it at one time but the numbers didn't work for me.

Still contemplating making this style again. Possibly using the sewn seam style.

We made two prototypes for it's George on contract with a trade agent/cue factory that they were talking to. Not really sure why they didn't end up making cases together but I know they had bought the tubing to do several hundred of them.

I would need to dig up the old emails but I was very pleased about Mike Roberts comments on my work. He didn't know that I was the one who made those prototypes.
Regarding Marc, I think he just lost interest or there was some issue with the Roberts continuing to make cases after the sale or something.... He can clarify if he wants to.

"Over all they did good job and believe not far from the real deal.Let me know what next step is. Thanks again-Mike
Thank You,Mike Roberts"

You're welcome Mike even though I don't know if you ever knew that we did the work.

Last edited:

HyperioN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Still contemplating making this style again. Possibly using the sewn seam style.

We made two prototypes for it's George on contract with a trade agent/cue factory that they were talking to. Not really sure why they didn't end up making cases together but I know they had bought the tubing to do several hundred of them.

I would need to dig up the old emails but I was very pleased about Mike Roberts comments on my work. He didn't know that I was the one who made those prototypes.
Regarding Marc, I think he just lost interest or there was some issue with the Roberts continuing to make cases after the sale or something.... He can clarify if he wants to.

"Over all they did good job and believe not far from the real deal.Let me know what next step is. Thanks again-Mike
Thank You,Mike Roberts"

You're welcome Mike even though I don't know if you ever knew that we did the work.

John, You should 100% make that style again. I love the GTF cases! Classy, compact and just overall great cases. Maybe do an updated style with the ultrapad interior? Yes, please!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I would personally want a 1 x 2, GTF with an accessory Cup 2” Long like Ron Thomas use to do.

The Cup held Chalk and the minimum you need.

Great idea from Ron sorry I sold mine.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John, You should 100% make that style again. I love the GTF cases! Classy, compact and just overall great cases. Maybe do an updated style with the ultrapad interior? Yes, please!
I agree. Something really classy/cool about those slim leather tubes. Love to have another Fellini but prices have gotten stupid on them.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a new It's George case made last year. It came out terrific and he made it in a week. Here is his facebook page

It's the middle one.

Attachments

• 144310041_227437695720901_2059519303221150307_n.jpg
    144310041_227437695720901_2059519303221150307_n.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 64

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank You,Mike Roberts"

JB I’ll never tell you how to build a case, your amazing.

I’m a marketing guy and I can tell you if you did a George Tribute limited edition series you could probably pre-sell the whole lot 1X2’s and 2X4’s

The only advice I’d suggest is to source the Felini slide clasp like the early George’s had. Not the flip up clasp.

Put me down for one-if you ever decide.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a new It's George case made last year. It came out terrific and he made it in a week. Here is his facebook page

It's the middle one.
if this is that palermo guy he does not respond to messages.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
JB I’ll never tell you how to build a case, your amazing.

I’m a marketing guy and I can tell you if you did a George Tribute limited edition series you could probably pre-sell the whole lot 1X2’s and 2X4’s

The only advice I’d suggest is to source the Felini slide clasp like the early George’s had. Not the flip up clasp.

Put me down for one-if you ever decide.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃
Thinking about it. The Fellini diary latch would need to be made. They are almost impossible to source and I would want to make them easily replaceable since they are one of the weak points on this style of case. Ideally I prefer no latch and a pressure fit or a magnetic latch that never wears out.

I am just on the fence about whether to do the outside seam or not. We already do it on the History models so not much of a stretch there. I might do an It's George hybrid sort of case to gauge interest.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking about it. The Fellini diary latch would need to be made. They are almost impossible to source and I would want to make them easily replaceable since they are one of the weak points on this style of case. Ideally I prefer no latch and a pressure fit or a magnetic latch that never wears out.

I am just on the fence about whether to do the outside seam or not. We already do it on the History models so not much of a stretch there. I might do an It's George hybrid sort of case to gauge interest.
The pressure fit is a good idea. That clasp is a weak link.

I like the seam on the outside for George cases & no seam for Fellini.

I’m confident what ever you decide will be a good decision.

Take care, hope all is well JB

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you were to do this some thoughts. Maybe many will disagree but I think the outside on the side It's George seam ultimately looks better because the back of the case has no seam. The ultimate would be the vacuum pressure fit with some sort of automatic clasp. The manual latch on more recent It's George cases is OK but the pressure fit is not the same and I tend to think that the pressure fit is slightly more important/cooler than having the manual clasp. However I think the cases LOOK far far better with some sort of latch, so just cosmetically it needs one.

I am not sure how you'd actually do it but if the top was also captive that would be a huge upgrade for the style of case. Maybe like a little flex cable attaching the pieces that bows up and out when you close the top, or just a little islet at the very top inside of the case and top with a microfiber covered wire connecting them.

I have several George's and a Felini and it is still one of my favorite if not favorite case style. Sometimes I just play with a 1x2 George, glove, chalk and tip scuffer in the small pocket, because it just is so light and feels right as opposed to lugging around the super heavy behemoth cases we have grown used to.

I would think if you could make this as sort of a standard "form factor" with rugged exterior material, faux and real/exotic leathers and leverages the velcro for pockets, maybe a little external sleeve for a jump butt, etc.. it might be really popular. Would also be great for travel as an example.

I personally would prefer an interior more like the standard Felllini/George than jamming the Ultrapad interior in there. Maybe like a little ring in each divider that keeps the cues from flying out.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If you were to do this some thoughts. Maybe many will disagree but I think the outside on the side It's George seam ultimately looks better because the back of the case has no seam. The ultimate would be the vacuum pressure fit with some sort of automatic clasp. The manual latch on more recent It's George cases is OK but the pressure fit is not the same and I tend to think that the pressure fit is slightly more important/cooler than having the manual clasp. However I think the cases LOOK far far better with some sort of latch, so just cosmetically it needs one.

I am not sure how you'd actually do it but if the top was also captive that would be a huge upgrade for the style of case. Maybe like a little flex cable attaching the pieces that bows up and out when you close the top, or just a little islet at the very top inside of the case and top with a microfiber covered wire connecting them.

I have several George's and a Felini and it is still one of my favorite if not favorite case style. Sometimes I just play with a 1x2 George, glove, chalk and tip scuffer in the small pocket, because it just is so light and feels right as opposed to lugging around the super heavy behemoth cases we have grown used to.

I would think if you could make this as sort of a standard "form factor" with rugged exterior material, faux and real/exotic leathers and leverages the velcro for pockets, maybe a little external sleeve for a jump butt, etc.. it might be really popular. Would also be great for travel as an example.

I personally would prefer an interior more like the standard Felllini/George than jamming the Ultrapad interior in there. Maybe like a little ring in each divider that keeps the cues from flying out.
We don't jam an ultrapad interior into the tube that we use for the GTF (George Thomas Fellini) style cases. I do put a padded interior in it but the padding is minimal. I probably wouldn't change that as cue rattle is a big deal for me.

A cap attachment might be feasible. I would want to make it optional though. Latches would probably be optional.