Getting new players to develop regular pool habits

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I viewed the Ted Corbitt exhibit for Running on Civil Rights at the New York Historical Museum, he was first president of the New York Road Runners. At a time when racism was legal.

This is similar to the first pool league, except in pool discrimination was commercial based, not skin based.

The popularity of track and field today is due to one program led by Ted Corbitt and supported by a small audience to tell his story and keep it recorded for history.

Today pool is achieving similar success documenting as much as possible. The journey of a pool player to the Matchroom event and winning one changes people lives.

That is how pool is experienced by the pros today. You spend years practicing, then you get your chance to compete against the best and take home the prize with it.

In the beginning when I was a new player the most challenging aspect was learning to act right in the pool room.

Beating the youth out of me took years of practice. Today helping the youth stay focused is needed more than ever, there are so many distractions.

The pool room is a great place to learn which targets to shoot at and which targets to study.

Stand in a pool room by yourself for 5 minutes with a $1 in your hand, and you will attract at least 2 people checking you out for a match. One to size you up and another to shoot with you, not at you.

Now that the world is gifted with Emily Frazer, everyone can follow her direction. Its not like back then when gambling team A fights gambling team B while teams A and B are owned by room 1.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Its all about supporting Emily and Matchroom nineball.

Its stupid simple, jump on.

Matchroom is real Russia is not.