Give me your opinion on this cue

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm planning to buy this cheap cue, with a Pred. Z2-shaft. I don't want to spend much for a cue. Have search a lot. In my country there aint no much choices of cues with a leather grip, for something around $100 (butt). It got real inlays, so it must be value for money :D .

This cue has a black leather grip, with stained rosewood forearm with 6 spliced birdseye maple points outlined by ebony and maple veneers which are insert with diamond shaped rosewood inlays. The design of the butt sleeve is a mirror image of the forearm.

In reality this cue looks a little more darker, sharper color and a little more shinny.

Just give me your honest opinion of this cue.

2088ewi.jpg

Juda4936

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Butt

I think it looks good, for around $100.00 I would be all over that:D
Good luck with that

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Cue

If the inlays are real, then they have got more labor and materials in the cue than a $100, especially with leather wrap.

It looks good, but how does it play? The SS joint looks to be a composite joint and not a true SS, which is pretty common for cues $100 and less.

WesleyW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
If the inlays are real, then they have got more labor and materials in the cue than a $100, especially with leather wrap.

It looks good, but how does it play? The SS joint looks to be a composite joint and not a true SS, which is pretty common for cues $100 and less.

It's SS. The cue is a production cue made in China. This brand is quite popular in my country, but there ain't many who has this model.

I've owned a Buffalo before. The hit is ok. Feedback is quite poor. Actually, I dislike the feedback of almost all poolcues :D . I don't like SS joint. That's why I play with a carom cue with a wooden thread. You can't get better feedback than with a wooden thread. But a carom cue isn't really suitable for pool, so I'm going back to a real poolcue. The part I really dislike of this cue has to be the shaft. The shaft is too flexibel and will vibrates every hit. That's why I'm not heaving the standard shaft, but using the Z2-shaft.

I've already decided to buy a Z2-shaft. I've searched for a nice butt to use with it. I've think about a Lucasi with leather grip, but it's still not exactly what I want. This cue looks pretty nice. And don't have the irish linen wrap (I dislike linen).