Glue or Epoxy for cue tip

SSP

I recently bought a Becue Break cue, love the cue , it shipped with a Samsara tip, about a month and a half later the tip popped off, the company offered to have it replaced, I asked them what they used and they said loctite, should I use glue again or is epoxy better for a break cue?

Zerksies

Everyone has their own opinions on tip glues. This is opening a can of worms here on this forum.

I used loctite many years ago without issues. I am currently using gorilla glue gel. I like the Gels because I can put a small drop and i can see that it fully covers the tip when pressed into place.

I really use whatever i can grab at the hardware store. Right now Gorilla glue is everywhere

Last edited:

SSP

Everyone has their own opinions on tip glues. This is opening a can of worms here on this forum.

I used loctite many years ago without issues. I am currently using gorilla glue gel. I like the Gels because I can put a small drop and i can see that it fully covers the tip when pressed into place.

I really use whatever i can grab at the hardware store.
Thanks for your input, there has been a great shift in pool cue technology in the last 10 years, radial shafts, fiberglass coatings, carbon fiber, ect. , it only makes sense that there might be better bonding agents for cue tips as well, most people don't carry an extra break shaft so it's worth exploring in my mind, thanks again

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I agree with Gorilla Glue Gel. I have had great success with it.

If you search there are a basket full of threads on this subject.

This one is current just a few threads down in this group and discusses technique as well.

Zerksies

Thanks for your input, there has been a great shift in pool cue technology in the last 10 years, radial shafts, fiberglass coatings, carbon fiber, ect. , it only makes sense that there might be better bonding agents for cue tips as well, most people don't carry an extra break shaft so it's worth exploring in my mind, thanks again
That's pool technology.

Glue/cement/epoxy is a different territory we've just absorbed it. For a pool company to make a specific glue just for pool tips would be extremely expensive to produce and it would be so small of a nitch market i don't think it would be profitable.

The only Pool related glue i see is from tiger and that looks like a relabeled loctite bottle. And it's $14