GO Customs CF shaft and cue

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard about GO Customs CF shafts on here from Garzar I think. I like buying from smaller custom guys more than from big companies. I also did not have to wait too long for Goran to make these for me. Goran is great to work with and I am very happy with my new shaft and cue. What I did was order a shaft for a Lucasi cue I have with a unilock joint. I decided that I did not like the look of the CF on that butt because the Lucasi has blue coloring. I then had Goran make me a butt for that shaft and ordered a shaft for my main player which is a Joss I ordered in 1994.
GO Customs will customize the length (I ordered 30" shafts and a 30" Butt) Tip diameter (I ordered 12.5 and I sent him my ultra skin tips) Diameter at the joint and any pin you like (mine fit perfectly on both the Joss and the Lucasi) and the taper. I also got my initials engraved in the Butt. I am sure I am going to love playing with this longer cue and having the full CF cue feels great in my hands!
I am not an expert on deflection but I am loving the playing characteristics of the GO Customs products. Certainly less deflection than my Joss. Hit and sound are great as far as I am concerned but I have not had more than a few shots here and there with any other CF products. I do know that I could never be happy with a conical taper. I am planning on taking the GO Customs cue when I go to league and out to shoot because I feel like I won't have to worry as much about it as I do my Joss when I am at a bar or tournament.
On another note I am expecting to receive my new ICA projector system when I get home from work today and I am sure that by the time SBA comes around that my game with be completely different than last year.
I hope this helps anyone who is shopping for a CF cue.
Paul

Attachments

• Go Customs.jpg
    Go Customs.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 974

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Now you got me thinking. Do I want a carbon fiber butt? Hmmmmm... ��

How long was the wait time? What's inside the butt, wood or foam? Does it take a weight bolt?

Last edited:

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the full carbon cue from Goran. After buying three other GO CUSTOM shafts, I decided to try the whole cue.

I can tell you that the full cue plays better than any marriage of the shaft and wood butt. The cue felt better and sounded better. The cue is also more powerful than I’ve ever experienced. By powerful,
I mean efficient energy transfer. The cue ball does more with less. Since the cue is around $750 shipped, it’s a great power to penny ratio for a fine hitting cue.

Of course, the other benefits include that I can throw it in a trunk and be confident that I am not damaging the cue. This applies to bathing the cue around as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GO Customs

Now you got me thinking. Do I want a carbon fiber butt? Hmmmmm... ��

How long was the wait time? What's inside the butt, wood or foam? Does it take a weight bolt?

Yes I agree with Tenfeettall that the full cue plays really nicely. I actually don't know what is in the butt or if it has a weight bolt. I asked for a 19.5 oz cue.
The build time was short in part because covid slowed down business I think. If you talk to Goran he can give you a good idea of how long.
I really love the way the cue feels in my hand and my Joss with be there when I want it but the full CF cue has nice advantages.
Paul