Golf on a Snooker Table

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Is there an online or in print book/tutorial on different strategies in this game?

They just put in a 10' snooker table and I played a few games of golf today, but I only know the basics and would like to learn some other approaches to the game.

Last edited:

Safety

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like a fun and challenging game. I don't even know the rules that well yet but I would like to learn some strategies for this game also.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Each part of our Country has a little different twist of rules. I like how the game is played in Tulsa. Hope Eddie can inform us.......SPF=randyg

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
bud green said:
Is there an online or in print book/tutorial on different strategies in this game?

They just put in a 10' snooker table and I played a few games of golf today, but I only know the basics and would like to learn some other approaches to the game.

In Seattle, our golf games were always played on a 12' 1940 something Brunswick Snooker table with Simonis cloth, and we had to bank or kick the last ball into the out hole.

Golf games to me, take me back to some very wonderful memories. We would get about 8 or 9 people in it for about 10 or 20 bucks apiece, dollar hickey and play all night. Alot of these games took place on Fri and Sat nights when the pool hall was hopping and we had our own corner of the room away from all the non-players.

We had the pleasure of having John Teerink (owner of the 211 Club) play with us. He used to be a champion 3 cushion player and he was our toughest opponent in Golf. Seeing a guy bank or kick 3 or 4 rails into the side pocket was amazing sometimes. I wish I had some pictures from those days... people using the 7 ft crutch, that was funny.

We had 2 of those 6 x12' Brunswicks and they were used for everything from Golf games, to Snooker games, to 1 Pocket and 9 ball games with regular size balls. You can picture how hard it would be to play one pocket with reg size balls and a snooker table pocket on a 12 ' table.

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member
bud green said:

I'm no golf champ but some of the guys play the game real well around here. I'll list a few things I've picked up since moving here. Note: They play on a 5x10 Snooker table with the smallest pockets I've ever seen. That might change the strategy. I don't know.

1. The side pockets are the toughest pockets, by far!
1a. Because of this, make sure you lay up the ball to the previous corner pocket, perfect. Don't make the previous corner until you can make it and play shape to the next side pocket shot. If you aren't playing shape to the side pockets every time, you are going to get RUN OVER.
1b. Critical shots to the sides:

CueTable Help

Ball speed. Ball speed. Ball speed. It's a must to work out the speed on your table to perfection if you want to play this game well.

CueTable Help

You may make some of these but honestly, you are just trying to get them so tight to the whole your opponent is forced to try to shoot it out or sell out.

1c. When lagging to the side, leave your ball on the same side as the opponent's ball before you.

CueTable Help

Here, had you left the two ball on the right side of the pocket your opponent would have been able to slow roll kick at his ball and bump it closer to his hole. With your ball on the left side, now he has to either kick at it hard and hope the cue comes back up table to leave you tough or just take an intentional hickey.

There is a ton to this game. This is far from all of it, but this might save you some time learning the game.
matta