Good Bye Old Friend

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Weight bolts changed a bit. Pill bumper replaced with more current version. Adapter bumper to allow for extension.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you have any available images of your old playing cue or others? I'm sure many of us would love to see your work :)
1700238380176.jpeg

This has been my playing cue for 30 something years. I still can't believe I sold it. I have another cue I build around 2000 to 2001 that I have now put a python wrap on and some finish. Southern Billiards are on their way here today to put my my recovered rails with new Brunswick Super Speed rubber and Blue 860 cloth on my table. So this weekend I am getting a complete fresh up of pool table and cue.

Last edited:

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TY for the cue pictures! There are a couple in there that look pretty sweet, including your original playing cue.

Hungarian

Beep Beep!
Silver Member
I did that once, a one of a kind Schon made in 82. Sold it too cheap to a collector and didn't even need the money.
For me it was one of the dumbest things I have done.
Now if I was a cue maker, I don't know. Sort of like guys that build hot rods. Build them, run them for awhile, then sell them and build something else to run around in for awhile.
I did the same damn thing with a custom Schon Tulipwood with Ivory. Favorite playing cue I ever laid hands on. And I let it go for a $500 30-30 rifle.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 728129
This has been my playing cue for 30 something years. I still can't believe I sold it. I have another cue I build around 2000 to 2001 that I have now put a python wrap on and some finish. Southern Billiards are on their way here today to put my my recovered rails with new Brunswick Super Speed rubber and Blue 860 cloth on my table. So this weekend I am getting a complete fresh up of pool table and cue.
What a beautiful cue.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well I have been playing with my "new" cue on our newly restored table. The pockets wound up getting tightened to 4.125 inches instead of 4.625 and I have only managed to run one rack from the break in a few weeks. I never liked tight pockets and wanted it like normal Diamonds. I should have insisted that the corner irons be taken with the rails I guess. I will play with it like this at least until the cloth needs changed again and see if it helps or hurts my game.

slim123

That many cues and wanting wobble pockets, maybe that's why you became a cuemaker Just poking at you Chris

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That many cues and wanting wobble pockets, maybe that's why you became a cuemaker Just poking at you Chris
No chance to make a living shooting for sure. But I used to play good enough on regular pockets to win a lot of tournaments through years. My son can run out on this table but way less often than before.