Good "furniture" table

JDog_1

Registered
I've been granted permission to put a new 9-footer in the living room of our house (room is 14x19, sweet). Although I would rather get a player's table (GCIV, Diamond Pro), the concession was that I would buy a nice "furniture" looking table.

What would AZB'ers out there recommend for a furniture table with good playability. How do the fancier Brunswick models play? Diamond At-Home models? A.E. Schmidt?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
JD

piglit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dammit, JD!

What is more beautiful than a shiny Gold Crown?!

Answer- nothing that can't be eaten!!

Go w/ the GC- rescind concession!

-pigo

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
olhausen has many very nice furniture tables. the Donna marie, Santa ana, New Orleans, Wentworth, Seville just to name a few. i like Olhausen for furniture because they have more options for there tables. Options like wood, oak , maple, cherry or what ever wood you want. stains, they have many stain or they can custom match any stain. sights, thay can do the mop or abalonie, or both or they can laser engrave almost anything into the rail, as long as it isn't trademarked. these are a few thing olhausen can do. with Donnie's attitude, if you can draw it, he will build it. He has done that for some of my customers, we have done some pretty cool designs.

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
I have a brunswick gibson that looks and plays fantastic. It doesn't feel quite as solid as a diamond (you can hear the balls rolling on the slate sometimes) but nothing that would affect play. Also, make sure you try shooting around on any furniture tables since the shape of the rails may make bridgin from the rail a little different.

sigep1967

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talk to Chad at Diamond he can put Pro Am style square legs on the Diamond pro for you and it will give it more of a furniture table look with the playability of the Diamond Pro!! Did I mention I love my Diamond Pro!!!

sigep1967

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh one more thing I bought an Oak table that is absolutly beutiful but I say one while I was there picking mine up that was rosewood man was it pretty!!!

wakuljr said:
olhausen has many very nice furniture tables. the Donna marie, Santa ana, New Orleans, Wentworth, Seville just to name a few. i like Olhausen for furniture because they have more options for there tables. Options like wood, oak , maple, cherry or what ever wood you want. stains, they have many stain or they can custom match any stain. sights, thay can do the mop or abalonie, or both or they can laser engrave almost anything into the rail, as long as it isn't trademarked. these are a few thing olhausen can do. with Donnie's attitude, if you can draw it, he will build it. He has done that for some of my customers, we have done some pretty cool designs.

I agree with wakuljr. You won't be disappointed, nor will the little lady with an Olhausen. Mine has had many a lady friend over, non pool playing ladies, and they've made favorable comments to her about how good looking the table is in the house, even though they'd all rather do something else with the room if they lived there. Too bad....all of the tables mentioned above are great looking, but they're also super sturdy and play great.